No Zionism without colonialist protectors
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “We’ll make them a pastrami sandwich … nobody, will be able to tear it apart” — 1973
In response, in 1973, to journalist Winston Churchill, grandson of the Prime Minister, asking him what to do with the Palestinians.
- Quotation from Clement Attlee “U.S. policy... moulded by the Jewish vote and by party contributions” — 1961
British Prime Minister (Labour) from 1945 to 1951, giving in 1961 his opinion on the origin of the American policy which required the admission of 100.000 Jewish refugees per year in Palestine.
- Quotation from Arthur Koestler “One nation solemnly promised to a second nation the country of a third” — 1949
Writer, commenting on the "extravagance" of the Balfour Declaration of 1917 (extravagance approved by Koestler).
- Quotation from Roscher Lund “The Jews, by virtue of the large reserve ... have an incalculable advantage over the Arabs” — Apr. 20 1948
Norwegian UN expert in Palestine, giving Zionists his assessment of the military situation at the beginning of the Nakba.
- Quotation from Drew Pearson “Truman cracked down... to swing the UN vote for the partition of Palestine” — Feb. 9 1948
American journalist, reporting on a few behind-the-scenes operations to push through - on the third attempt - the partition resolution of Palestine of November 29, 1947.
- Quotation from Hannah Arendt “Only folly could ... trusts a distant imperial power for protection” — Oct. 1945
In her book "Zionism Reconsidered", she wrote.
- Quotation from Menahem Ussishkin “To take a part of the Arabs and transfer and settle them … is as moral as can be” — June 12 1938
Head of the Executive Committee of the World Zionist Organization, at a meeting of the Jewish Agency's executive committee, advocates that the British should proceed with the expulsion of 60,000 Palestinian families.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We must expel Arabs and take their place” — Oct. 5 1937
Letter to his son Amos.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The transfer of population is what makes possible a comprehensive settlement program” — Aug. 7 1937
During a debate in the Zionist Assembly during the Peel Commission debates (English text completed with partial citations).
- Quotation from Shlomo Lavi “Transfer of Arabs out of the country ...is one of the most just, moral and correct things” — Aug. 1937
Labour leader, delegate to the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th Zionist Congresses, then member of the Knesset, at the 20th Congress.
- Quotation from Judah Magnes “With partition a new Balkan is made” — Jul. 18 1937
President of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and advocate for a binational state, in the aftermath of the British proposal for partitioning.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The compulsory transfer of the Arabs from the valleys of the Jewish state could give us” — Jul. 12 1937
Expressing its wish to take over the Peel Commission's proposal for partition (2 incomplete versions).
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “The memorandum that we had submitted ...(for the) transfer of the Arabs … to Transjordan” — June 12 1937
Relating a dinner with the American Consul General in Jerusalem George Wadsworth.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “But I say on behalf of the Jews that the Bible is our Mandate” — Jan. 7 1937
Before the Peel Royal Commission.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “There are some hundred thousand negroes and for those there is no value” — May 20 1936
President of the Zionist Executive, questioned by Arthur Ruppin on the circumstances of the Balfour Declaration of 1917.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We and they want the same thing. We both want Palestine” — May 19 1936
Shortly after the beginning of the great Palestinian revolt, during a meeting of the Mapaï party, clearly expressing the stakes of colonization a homeland "for them" or "for us".
- Quotation from Tarab Abdul Hadi “The British are the cause of our suffering and they should learn from the lesson” — Apr. 15 1933
Leader of the Arab Women's Association (AWA) during a visit by General Allenby.
- Quotation from Walter Shaw “The Arabs have come to see in Jewish immigration … a possible overlord of the future” — 1929
1929 British Shaw Commission of Inquiry.
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “Zionism a colonizing adventure stands or falls on on the question of armed force” — 1925
In the text "The Iron Law" of 1925.
- Quotation from JEWISH CHRONICLE “To know the habits and dispositions of the animals, and to be sure that the cages were secure” — 1921
An organ of British Judaism, uses the zoological language of the colonizers when speaking of the Palestinians following the anti-Zionist riots in Jaffa in 1921, which resulted in deaths on both sides.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “Samuel is our friend, and has worked loyally with us from the first moment” — 1921
In front of an American audience, talking about the nomination of Herbert Samuel as British governor in Palestine.
- Quotation from Winston Churchill “The local population will be cleared out to suit their convenience” — Oct. 15 1919
Envision that the Zionists will charge Britain with ethnic cleansing.
- Quotation from Arthur Balfour “The Four Great Powers ... are committed to Zionism” — Aug. 11 1919
In a private memorandum to the British Cabinet dated August 11, 1919, expresses that the great powers do not care about the Palestinians - 90% of the population at the time - and that with help, Zionism will help solve the "Jewish problem".
- Quotation from George Curzon “He contemplates a Jewish State, a Jewish nation, a subordinate population of Arabs” — Jan. 26 1919
Secretary of Foreign Affairs, former Viceroy of India, President of the Council, commenting on Chaim Weizmann's "Jewish Commonwealth under British Trusteeship".
- Quotation from Jules Cambon “The French Government … can but feel sympathy for your cause” — June 4 1917
Secretary General of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in a letter to Nahum Sokolov, Weizmann's partner (unpublished letter at the time), giving official support to the myth of the "rebirth of Jewish nationality", i.e. to Zionism.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “Should Palestine fall within the British sphere of influence ... we could have … a million Jews” — Nov. 12 1914
In a letter to C.S. Scott, publisher of the Manchester Guardian.
- Quotation from Shukri Al-`Asali “They have begun setting up their political aims and establishing their imaginary government” — 1910
Damascus deputy in the Ottoman parliament, kaymakam (governor) of Nazareth, describes in the newspaper Al Karmil (Haifa) the mechanics of the state embryo placement, seven years before the Balfour declaration.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “With England as a starting point we may be sure that the Zionist idea will soar further” — 1904
Shortly before his death, repeating that England is the key to Zionism.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “Help me to reach land [Palestine] sooner and the revolt will end” — Aug. 8 1903
In his discussions with the pogromist Vyacheslav Plehve, who doubted the Zionists' ability to attract the Jewish masses.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “I have just come from Plehve … he will effectuate for us a charter for Palestine” — Aug. 1903
Talking about his meeting with the Russian pogromist Viatcheslav Plehve. According to the remarks reported by Herzl to Chaim Zhitlovsky, who rejected these conditions.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “I want you to… put the stamp of your authority on the Zionist plan” — Jan. 11 1902
Expressing his admiration for the colonial adventurer Cecil Rhodes, the founder of Rhodesia, in a draft letter written in his diary.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “The first moment I entered the Movement my eyes were directed towards England” — Feb. 28 1898
In a letter sent to his English friends before the creation of the English Zionist Federation.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “The Governments of all countries ...will be keenly interested in assisting us to obtain the sovereignty we want” — Feb. 14 1896
Assuring that states will get rid of anti-Semitism by getting rid of Jews.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “Immigration is consequently futile unless we have the sovereign right to continue” — Feb. 14 1896
Establishing the principle that there is no Jewish state without a guarantee of a colonial power.