Quotation from David Ben Gurion “But I say on behalf of the Jews that the Bible is our Mandate” — Jan. 7 1937
Before the Peel Royal Commission.
- Ben Gurion, David (1886-1973) ( 94 quotations )
- Biblical myths of conquest as a history book ( 20 quotations )
- The myth of Roman exile as a justification for a "return" ( 29 quotations )
- No Zionism without colonialist protectors ( 38 quotations )
- Land without people... ( 21 quotations )
- "Land of Israel" or variable geometry "biblical lands ( 42 quotations )
" Our right in Palestine is not derived from the Mandate and the Balfour declaration. It is prior to that. I believe it was said by the Chairman of the Royal Commission, or perhaps one of his colleagues, that the Mandate is our Bible (….) but I say on behalf of the Jews that the Bible is our Mandate (…)
Often quoted as : “The Mandate is not our Bible, but rather the Bible is our Mandate” "
Anita Shapira, Ben Gourion and the Bible: The creation of a Historical Narrative?
Alpayim 14, 1997, p. 214
Exact quotation in: Lien
#C159 Report a problem