Ethnic cleansing through violence
- Quotation from Moshe Feiglin “Gaza will become part of sovereign Israel” — Jul. 15 2014
Settler in the West Bank, leader of Manhigut Yehudit (Jewish Leadership), an offshoot of the Likud, for whom the "solution" is none other than the ethnic cleansing of the two million Palestinians in Gaza.
- Quotation from Uri Elitzur “What’s so horrifying about understanding that the entire Palestinian people is the enemy” — June 30 2014
Chief of Staff, writer and close advisor to Netanyahu, spokesperson for the settlers, in a 2002 text with genocidal connotations proudly published in June 2014 by Ayelet Shaked shortly before she was appointed Minister of Justice.
- Quotation from Naftali Bennett “I’ve killed lots of Arabs in my life – and there’s no problem with that” — Jul. 21 2013
Minister of Economy and leader of the Foyer Juif party, in a dialogue on a prisoner's release.
- Quotation from Ariel Atias “A national duty to prevent the spread of a population that … does not love Israel” — Jul. 2 2009
Member of the Religious Zionist Party Shah.
- Quotation from Michal Katorza “A large portion of JNF Parks are … where palestinian villages used to stand” — 2008
KKL/JNF leader in charge of park signage, recognizing the function of parks, well known to Palestinians.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Pundak “We had to destroy them, otherwise we would have had Arabs here” — May 21 2004
Brigadier General, explaining 56 years after the events that it was nothing more than ethnic cleansing.
- Quotation from Avi Primor “A process ... establishing a ‘Palestinian state’ limited to the Palestinian cities” — Sep. 18 2002
Vice President of Tel Aviv University, explaining Sharon's strategy.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Frankenthal “They have been ready to make peace with us; it is we who are unwilling” — Jul. 27 2002
Founder of the Bereaved Parents Forum, whose son was killed by Hamas in July 1994.
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “Everything that's grabbed will be in our hands” — Nov. 15 1998
Ariel Sharon, then Minister of Foreign Affairs, at a meeting of the far-right Tsomet party.
- Quotation from Edward Said “Drop by drop tactic in which one or two houses are demolished daily” — Jul. 23 1998
A great Palestinian intellectual, opposed to the Oslo Accords, explaining the "originality" of daily ethnic cleansing in the Zionist way.
- Quotation from Haim Miller “I don’t sign orders to destroy the house of Jews, only of Arabs” — Feb. 7 1998
Haredi vice-mayor of Jerusalem, acting as mayor in the absence of Ehut Olmert.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “Expel… 25, not to mention 400 people” — Feb. 8 1993
44 years after ordering the mass expulsion of Palestinians from Lydda, Yitzhak Rabin boasted to a BBC reporter that he had illegally thrown 415 Palestinians, alleged members of the Hamas party, out of their country.
- Quotation from UN / ONU “To gain control of the area allotted to the Jewish State and … blocs … outside those borders” — 1990
Indicates that the Dalet Plan (1948) was already aimed at 'controlling' the Palestinian territories beyond the space allocated for a 'Jewish state' in 1947.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “Break their bones” — Jan. 1988
Former General turned Minister of Defense, gives informal instructions to army commanders about young Palestinian stone-throwers.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “5,600 are currently in prison. Are these trivial numbers” — 1988
During an election debate in 1988, showing the general's shell under the politician's tie.
- Quotation from Nissan Rilov “It was an act of barbarism, it was difficult to describe it otherwise” — 1984
Israeli artist expelled from the Zionist Haganah after testifying what he had seen in 1939.
- Quotation from Rafael Eitan “All the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged roaches” — Apr. 12 1983
Chief of Staff of the IDF (Israeli army), before the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee. Not to be confused with the director of the Mossad of the same name.
- Quotation from Abba Eban “Israel wantonly inflicting every possible measure of death” — June 16 1981
Former Israeli ambassador to the UN and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Eban outbids Menachem Begin in qualifying Israel's genocidal acts.
- Quotation from Rafael Eitan “All the Arabs are the same. They should all be finished off” — 1980
Chief of Staff of the Israeli army, making genocidal remarks during a meeting of the high command in Gaza in 1980.
- Quotation from Israel Koenig “Diluting existing Arab population concentrations” — Sep. 7 1976
From the Ministry of the Interior, in a report for Yitzhak Rabin on Galilee in which he advocates the internal colonization of Galilee.
- Quotation from Yeshayahu Leibowitz “Declarations to that effect have been … coloured statements or deliberate lies” — Nov. 30 1973
Historian and moralist, commenting on the situation after the Yom Kippur War, stating that Israel has never sought peace.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “Preceding the Arab invasion … we continued to make sallies into Arab territory” — 1972
Admitting that in 1948, Zionists, especially the Irgun terrorists under his leadership, were already attacking the territory planned for the "Arab State" before the proclamation of Israel.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “Not one single place built … that did not have a former Arab population” — Apr. 4 1969
Talking about the creation of settlements in the period 1921-1927 on land purchased in the valley of Marj Ibn Amir / Jezreel. Often quoted incomplete about the villages destroyed after 1948.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “All our settlements are built on the ruins of Palestinian villages” — Apr. 1969
Talking to students of the Haifa Technion about the Palestinian villages destroyed in 1948.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “For me the supreme morality is the the jewish people has a right to exist” — 1969
In a Mapai meeting to support Israel's right to colonize the occupied territories.
- Quotation from Charles De Gaulle “And these are met with a resistance which it in turn calls terrorism” — Nov. 27 1967
At a famous press conference.
- Quotation from Yigal Allon “A couple of … bombardments on Hebron and not a single 'Hebronite' would have remained” — Nov. 1967
Former commander of the Palmach, Deputy Prime Minister in 1967, he called for a new ethnic cleansing on the scale of the Nakba.
- Quotation from Auteur inconnu “We must leave the occupied territories immediately” — Sep. 22 1967
First publication, in the daily Haaretz, of an Israeli anti-colonial statement after the Six Day War. On the initiative of members and supporters of Matzpen ("The Compass"): Shimon Tzabar, with Eli Aminov, Arie Bober, David Ehrenfeld, Raif Elias, Hayim Hanegbi, Uri Liphshitz, Moshe Machover, Dan Omer, Yehuda Rozenshtrauch , Shneor Sherman and Rafi Zikhroni.
- Quotation from John Bagot Glubb “Has the objective been to remove a nation from its country and to introduce another race” — 1967
British Commander of the Arab Legion from 1941 to 1956 serving British and Jordanian interests.
- Quotation from Yigal Allon “Achieve total victory, the territorial fulfillment of the Land Of Israel” — 1966
Labor leader, leader of the Union of Labor tendency, former general during the Nakba, says aloud his regret that he did not drive out more Palestinians in 1948.
- Quotation from Leo Heiman “Save your souls, all ye faithful: The Jews are using poison gas and atomic weapons” — June 1964
A Zionist officer who fought in 1948, describing some of the methods used to drive out an unarmed population.
- Quotation from Erskine Barton Childers “Not a single order, or appeal, or suggestion about evacuation … from any Arab radio station” — May 12 1961
BBC correspondent after 1960 for the Middle East, confirming for the first time the absence of Arab call to leave in 1948, based on radio archives.
- Quotation from Yosef Nahmani “Where did they come by such a measure of cruelty, like Nazis? ” — Nov. 6 1958
Director of the Jewish National Fund office in the eastern Galilee, relating zionist massacres in three villages, as recorded in his diary.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “To be willing and armed, strong and unyielding” — Apr. 29 1956
Moshe Dayan, then Chief of Staff, speaks at the funeral of the soldier King Rotberg. Without denying the injustice perceived by the Palestinians, he updates Jabotinsky's speech on the "Iron Wall" to be maintained indefinitely to preserve Zionist domination.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “As April began, our War of Independence swung decisively from defense to attack” — Apr. 20 1954
In a text or statement dated December 12, 1948, confirms that in April, the Zionists went into a war of conquest.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “As fighting spread, the exodus was joined by bedouin and fellahin” — 1954
He himself indicates that the Palestinians were driven out in 1848 before the creation of Israel and the entry of Arab troops.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “They would repudiate everything we did and pretend that we were dissident elements” — Nov. 1948
Leader of the terrorist organization Irgun, declaration in the United States during his visit to the United States at the end of November 1948.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “Ben Gurion waved his hand in a gesture which said, "Drive them out!"” — Jul. 12 1948
Commenting in his service book of July 12-13, 1948 on the way Ben Gurion gave the order to expel the Palestinians from Lydda.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “The inhabitants of Lydda must be expelled quickly without attention to age” — Jul. 12 1948
As the general leading "Operation Dany", an ethnic cleansing operation to expand the Jewish state, giving the order to implement the expulsion order given the same day with a simple wave of the hand.
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “His opinion is that we must act ...as to transform the exodus of the Arabs into an established fact” — May 28 1948
KKL-JNF leader in a meeting with newly appointed Foreign Minister Moshe Shertok (Sharett) to formalize the "transfer committee" to make the expulsion of Palestinians irreversible.
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “Their inhabitants are afraid and flee like mice” — Apr. 21 1948
At the same time as he participates in the ethnic cleansing of Palestine, the KKL/JNF leader cherishes the idea that the expellees will identify with the expellers.
- Quotation from Eliezer Bauer “When adult males were discovered hiding...-they were killed” — Apr. 14 1948
Describing how members of several kibbutzes killed the unarmed peasants of Abu Zureiq without a second thought. No investigation was ever decided upon and the number of Palestinians massacred remains unknown.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Concepts of ours and not ours ...lose their meaning during war” — Feb. 1948
Addressing the leaders of the Jewish National Fund in early February.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Almost 40 percent non-Jews. Such a composition does not provide a stable basis for a Jewish state” — Dec. 30 1947
Speech to the Central Committee of Histadrut, expressing the Zionist "democratic" conception and the coming ethnic cleansing.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Complete transfer without compulsion … is hardly imaginable” — Oct. 15 1941
In a memo titled "Contours of Zionist Politics", he wrote.
- Quotation from Arthur Ruppin “I believe in the transfer of entire villages” — June 12 1938
Leading Zionist planner at a Jewish Agency executive meeting.
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “Advocate land presently held and cultivated by the Arabs and thus to release it for Jewish inhabitants” — Nov. 22 1937
KKL/JNF leader and Chair of the Transfer Committee, explaining that.
- Quotation from Judah Magnes “A Jewish Home in Palestine built up on bayonets and oppression is not worth having” — Sep. 7 1929
First President of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, in a letter to Chaim Weizmann.
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “An iron wall which the native population cannot breakthrough” — Nov. 4 1923
Leader of the so-called "revisionist" fascist movement, dotting the i's and crossing the t's on how to move forward with the colonization of settlements.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “Be prepared either to drive out by the sword the tribes in possession as our forefathers did” — 1921
Active member of the first Zionist congresses, in an autobiography that explains the reason for his break with Zionism in 1904.