Ethnic cleansing through violence
- Quotation from Uri Ariel “In five years there will be 550,000 or 600,000 Jews in Judea and Samaria” — May 16 2014
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, during a radio interview.
- Quotation from Shimon Gapso “I’m a proud offshoot of a glorious dynasty of racists” — Aug. 7 2013
Mayor of Nazareth Illith. Explaining in substance, perhaps at the end of a well drunk evening, that he is the continuator of a long line of racists.
- Quotation from Tzipi Livni “Real hooliganism during the course of the recent operation, which I demanded” — Jan. 19 2009
In a statement to the Israeli media at a time when more than 1,000 Palestinians in Gaza have already died.
- Quotation from Shaul Mofaz “Show no pity to anyone, even if it causes traffic holdups and anger” — Sep. 6 2005
Minister of Defense, during a tour of the West Bank.
- Quotation from Meron Benvenisti “The basic story is that of natives and settlers” — Aug. 8 2003
Deputy Mayor of Jerusalem from 1971 to 1978, who became a severe critic of the entire colonial process.
- Quotation from Gideon Ezra “The state of Israel does not intend … to permit a creeping right of return” — Jul. 29 2003
Minister without portfolio in the Sharon government, in a select committee, commenting on the law prohibiting the reunification of Palestinian families.
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “Settlements can be built …. Let them build but without talking” — June 22 2003
Statement to the Israeli Cabinet, June 22, 2003.
- Quotation from Binyamin Elon “Make their life so bitter that they will transfer themselves willingly” — 2003
Minister (Moledet Party) in the Sharon Government.
- Quotation from Moshe
Yaalon “The characteristics of that threat are invisible, like cancer” — Sep. 3 2002
Israeli Chief of Staff, explaining that with regard to the colonized Palestinians, he prefers targeted destruction and assassinations to mass expulsion or genocide.
- Quotation from Michael Ben-Yair “The intifada is the Palestinian people's war of national liberation” — Mar. 3 2002
Attorney General of Israel from 1993 to 1996.
- Quotation from Ehud Barak “If we thought that instead of 200 Palestinian fatalities, 2,000 dead would put an end” — Nov. 16 2000
Prime Minister (for another 2 months), on the radio.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “It is doubtful that we would have been able to create an independent Jewish State” — Oct. 27 1998
In an interview, explains that without the terrorism of which he was a leader; Israel might never have come into existence.
- Quotation from Haim Miller “I don’t sign orders to destroy the house of Jews, only of Arabs” — Feb. 7 1998
Haredi vice-mayor of Jerusalem, acting as mayor in the absence of Ehut Olmert.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “The settlement of the Land of Israel is the essence of Zionism” — Feb. 21 1997
Former Lehi terrorist then former Prime Minister.
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “Israel should have exploited the repression … in China ... to carry out mass expulsions” — Nov. 24 1989
Then Minister of Foreign Affairs, at Bar Ilan University.
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “I prefer to advocate a policy... that in a positive way will induce people to leave” — Aug. 24 1988
Advocates 'humane' ethnic cleansing, rotting life to make people leave.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “They are like grasshoppers compared to us” — Mar. 31 1988
Former Lehi terrorist, then Prime Minister, in a speech from Herodion to Jewish settlers.
- Quotation from Yeshayahu Leibowitz “The state of Israel today is neither a democracy nor a state abiding by the rule of law” — 1988
Israeli Orthodox scientist, moralist and historian, in an article entitled "Forty years later”.
- Quotation from Mordechai Gur “Q—Without ... distinctions between civilians and non-civilians? A—What distinction?” — May 10 1978
General, Chief of Staff of the Army from 1974 to 1978, justifying state terrorism without hesitation.
- Quotation from Yoram
Ben Porath “There is no Zionism ...without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands” — Jul. 14 1972
President of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, has the authority to recall what Zionism is all about.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Those who fled from the country, who told them to flee” — 1972
In a pure senile denial of the existence of the Palestinians chased by him during the Nakba, in front of Israeli television.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “Let ... say that we don't have a solution and you will continue living like dogs” — Sep. 1967
Israeli Defense Minister, at a meeting of the Rafi (extremist wing of the Labor coalition), in response to Shimon Peres, about refugees in the occupied territories.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “Most of them … can be driven out. If the numbers were smaller it would be easier” — 1956
In a meeting with Ben Gurion, shortly before his appointment to the Army Northern Command.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “The annihilation of Arab power; and secondly, the expansion of our territory” — Oct. 12 1955
Terrorist one day ... then leader of the Herut party, declared before the Israeli parliament.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “It lies upon the Israeli army to carry out the fight with the object of erecting the Israeli Empire” — Feb. 12 1952
Israel's Minister of Defense and Foreign Affairs on February 12, 1952 on Radio Israel.
- Quotation from Collectif “There must be as few Arabs on as few lands as possible” — Dec. 26 1949
Text of the (Israeli) Refugee Resettlement Agency about the Palestinians who remained on the soil of Palestine, now Israel.
- Quotation from Hannah Arendt “The land that would come into being would be something quite other than the dream of world Jewry” — May 1 1948
Hostile to territorial Zionism, warns that after the Arab-Israeli War...
- Quotation from Roscher Lund “The Jews, by virtue of the large reserve ... have an incalculable advantage over the Arabs” — Apr. 20 1948
Norwegian UN expert in Palestine, giving Zionists his assessment of the military situation at the beginning of the Nakba.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “If a war is extended...our greatest gain will be the Galilee” — Apr. 1948
Extract from a protocol of the provisional government, between March and May 1948 according to the context, providing for the conquest of the Galilee attributed to the Palestinian state in 1947.
- Quotation from Collectif “The population must be expelled outside the borders of the state” — Mar. 1948
Excerpts from Plan D, the "Dalet Plan," which set Zionist military objectives before the proclamation of the State of Israel.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “If we know the family, strike mercilessly, women and children included” — Jan. 1 1948
Exposing its doctrine of reprisals.
- Quotation from Walter [Lord Moyne] Guinness “Racial domination by these newcomers over the original inhabitants” — June 9 1942
Expressing in the British House of Lords his hostility to the Zionist project. This hostility led to his assassination in Cairo on 6 November 1944 by two Lehi terrorists. The bodies of the two assassins are now buried at the "Monument of Heroes" in Jerusalem.
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “Not one village must be left, not one [Bedouin] tribe” — Dec. 20 1940
Director of the Jewish National Fund (KKL/JNF), one of the main architects of the "transfer" and destruction of Palestinian villages in 1948. In his diary (conversation with Zalman Lifschitz).
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “There is no choice: the Arabs must make room for the Jews in Eretz Yisrael” — Nov. 9 1939
A Zionist leader with a fascist leaning, for a long time opposed to the idea of the necessity and even usefulness of a transfer, even if not forced. At the end of the 1930s his views changed. In the notes of a meeting with Shlomo Klinger, a member of the presidency of the New Zionist Organization, he writes.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Tabenkin “The ideals of Hitler which I like: ethnic homogeneity …. for the sake of an international order” — Aug. 29 1939
Charismatic leader of the kibbutz movement, admirer of the Stalinist and Nazi ethnic cleansings.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “I support compulsory transfer. I don't see anything immoral in it” — June 12 1938
In a joint meeting of the Jewish Agency and the Committee for Zionist Action.
- Quotation from Alfred Bonné “It is essentiel not to give up easily the proposal of ‘compulsion’” — Nov. 21 1937
Director of an Institute at the Jewish National Fund (KKL/JNF), at a meeting of the "Transfer Committee" after July 1937.
- Quotation from Yosef Baratz “Isn’t it evacuation which has been continuing our work in the country for the last 40-50 years?” — Aug. 8 1937
Leader of the Mapaï party, criticizing the reservations of the delegates of Hachomer Hatza'ir to the "transfer" of Palestinians.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The transfer of population is what makes possible a comprehensive settlement program” — Aug. 7 1937
During a debate in the Zionist Assembly during the Peel Commission debates (English text completed with partial citations).
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “The memorandum that we had submitted ...(for the) transfer of the Arabs … to Transjordan” — June 12 1937
Relating a dinner with the American Consul General in Jerusalem George Wadsworth.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “I have no understanding of and no sympathy for the demand for a Jewish majority in Palestine” — Jul. 1931
In an interview - given to the Jewish Telegraph Agency - that contributed to his elimination from the presidency of the Zionist Congress.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Strengthening the Hagana, accelerating the [Zionist] enterprise and imposing Hebrew Labor” — 1929
During a meeting of the Histadrout.
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “No matter whether Joseph or Simon or Ivan or Achmet agree with it or not” — Nov. 4 1923
Leader of the so-called "revisionist" fascist movement, attacking any moral objection to Zionism.
- Quotation from Winston Churchill “The local population will be cleared out to suit their convenience” — Oct. 15 1919
Envision that the Zionists will charge Britain with ethnic cleansing.
- Quotation from Collectif “The non-Jewish population … nearly nine tenths ...are emphatically against the entire Zionist program” — Aug. 29 1919
Report of the American King-Crane Commission of 1919 in Palestine (published in 1922).
- Quotation from Leo Motzkin “It does not require too much money to resettle a Palestinian village on another land” — 1917
Zionist leader between the 1st Congress in Basel and the Haavara Agreements with the Nazis in 1933, early follower of the "transfer" of the Palestinians.
- Quotation from Moshe Smilansky “It is very simple. We'll harass them until they get out” — 1891
Member of the first wave of colonization in Palestine, reporting a dialogue between two settlers of the "Lovers of Zion" (Hovevie Tzion) in 1891.
- Quotation from Asher Ginsberg “Title missing” — 1890
Realizing that real Zionism is going to the front lines of war, both internally and externally.