Ethnic cleansing by 'ethnic' property
- Quotation from Shimon Gapso “I’m a proud offshoot of a glorious dynasty of racists” — Aug. 7 2013
Mayor of Nazareth Illith. Explaining in substance, perhaps at the end of a well drunk evening, that he is the continuator of a long line of racists.
- Quotation from Ayelet Shaked “Do you hope he'll be pounding the Arabs hard with bombs? Laughter "Yes"” — Jan. 2012
Minister of Justice. On Channel 2, answering the question " " When your husband the pilot is at the controls of his plane, would you like him to violently bomb the Arabs?.
- Quotation from Nissim Dahan “We want to Judaize the Wadi Ara area ... The state wants to put this place in order” — 2008
Head of a local council appointed by the Ministry of the Interior, speaking about the 'Judaization' of the Palestinian majority region of Wadi Ara (Great Triangle).
- Quotation from Michal Katorza “A large portion of JNF Parks are … where palestinian villages used to stand” — 2008
KKL/JNF leader in charge of park signage, recognizing the function of parks, well known to Palestinians.
- Quotation from Binyamin Elon “Make their life so bitter that they will transfer themselves willingly” — 2003
Minister (Moledet Party) in the Sharon Government.
- Quotation from Nissan Rilov “It was an act of barbarism, it was difficult to describe it otherwise” — 1984
Israeli artist expelled from the Zionist Haganah after testifying what he had seen in 1939.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “Conditions which would attract natural and voluntary migration of the refugees” — Mar. 16 1983
Explaining his method of ethnically cleansing the occupied territories without the world shouting.
- Quotation from Israel Koenig “Diluting existing Arab population concentrations” — Sep. 7 1976
From the Ministry of the Interior, in a report for Yitzhak Rabin on Galilee in which he advocates the internal colonization of Galilee.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “I was put on the Histadrut Executive … It was a great colonizing agency” — Jan. 24 1971
Prime Minister, in an interview with The Observer about what the Jewish union Histadrut was in 1928.
- Quotation from David HaCohen “Attack Jewish housewives in the markets and smash the Arab eggs they had bought” — Nov. 15 1969
Leader of the Mapai ("socialist" party), in a speech to the Mapai secretariat, referring to his student years in London (1919-1922) (reconstructed text).
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “Not one single place built … that did not have a former Arab population” — Apr. 4 1969
Talking about the creation of settlements in the period 1921-1927 on land purchased in the valley of Marj Ibn Amir / Jezreel. Often quoted incomplete about the villages destroyed after 1948.
- Quotation from Albert Hyamson “The moral … rights of the tenants, who had been resident on that land all along, were ignored” — 1950
Influential Zionist who became Commissioner for Migration in Palestine in 1921, described in 1950 the situation he experienced in the 1920s.
- Quotation from Yosef Baratz “Isn’t it evacuation which has been continuing our work in the country for the last 40-50 years?” — Aug. 8 1937
Leader of the Mapaï party, criticizing the reservations of the delegates of Hachomer Hatza'ir to the "transfer" of Palestinians.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Among ourselves there can be no debate about the integrity of the Land of Israel” — 1937
In a commentary on the Peel Commission's proposal, reported by Moshe Dayan, recalls that the goal of Zionism is the total colonization of Palestine.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Why is it forbidden to transfer an Arab from the Hebron area to Transjordan” — Nov. 1 1936
During a meeting preceding the Peel Commission, proposing a transfer of Palestinians to the Transjordan (considered as part of Israel's Lands).
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We and they want the same thing. We both want Palestine” — May 19 1936
Shortly after the beginning of the great Palestinian revolt, during a meeting of the Mapaï party, clearly expressing the stakes of colonization a homeland "for them" or "for us".
- Quotation from Menahem Ussishkin “I will make sure that we will be the landlords of this land” — May 19 1936
Delegate of Moscow to the first Zionist Congress, President of the KKL/JNF (Jewish National Fund).
- Quotation from Arthur Ruppin “We are bound in each case. . . to remove the peasants who cultivated the land” — May 30 1930
An important Zionist figure, creator of Brit Shalom, in favor of a bi-national state AND of a transfer of Palestinians to Syria,.
- Quotation from Walter Shaw “The Arabs have come to see in Jewish immigration … a possible overlord of the future” — 1929
1929 British Shaw Commission of Inquiry.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We are conquerors of the land facing an iron wall” — Dec. 1922
At the 3rd convention of Ahdut Ha'avoda in Haifa in December 1922.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “And therefore we must generally persuade them to 'trek'” — 1920
Having returned from the failure of his territorialist option, he found himself in the general racist current.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “That he would foist on the colonies the evil of mixed labour” — 1920
President of the Histadrut (1921-28), polemicizing against Moshe Smilansky of the Farmers' Federation, who preferred Palestinian employment.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Under no circumstances must we touch land belonging to fellahs” — 1920
Advocates peaceful methods of colonization at a time when Jews are only 10% of the population of Palestine.
- Quotation from Collectif “The non-Jewish population … nearly nine tenths ...are emphatically against the entire Zionist program” — Aug. 29 1919
Report of the American King-Crane Commission of 1919 in Palestine (published in 1922).
- Quotation from Leo Motzkin “It does not require too much money to resettle a Palestinian village on another land” — 1917
Zionist leader between the 1st Congress in Basel and the Haavara Agreements with the Nazis in 1933, early follower of the "transfer" of the Palestinians.
- Quotation from Asher Ginsberg “And if this be the Messiah: I do not wish to see his coming” — 1913
Russian Jewish writer and philosopher, in a letter written in 1913.
- Quotation from Shmuel Tolkovsky “From us a minimally human approach could have been expected” — 1913
From the mochav of Rehovot, talking about the HaShomer militia.
- Quotation from Moshe Smilansky “Let us not be too familiar with the Arab fellahin lest our children adopt their ways” — 1908
Activist settler, presented as a supporter of an agreement with the Palestinians, revealing his deep racism.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “Both the process of expropriation and the removal of the poor must be carried out discretely” — June 12 1895
Herzl imagines the aftermath of the attribution of Palestine (by a great power) to the Zionist movement that he has not yet created...
- Quotation from Collectif “In short, they will not accept us, even as their slaves” — 1890
From a Bedouin tribe on the lands of what became Rehovot, in a petition addressed to the Istanbul government.
- Quotation from Eliezer Ben Yehouda “The thing we must do now is ...to conquer the country, covertly, bit by bit” — Jul. 1882
Promoter of modern Hebrew, speaking about the expansion of Jewish settlements.