Zionism as an imperial interest
- Quotation from Anis Sayegh “They said their ally Britain would resolves the issues” — 2009
Publisher of the Palestinian Encyclopedia, about the call of Prince Abdullah and the Imam of Yemen to end the 1936 strike.
- Quotation from Dov Weissglas “We have in our hands a first-ever American statement that they will be part of Israel” — Oct. 8 2004
Ariel Sharon's adviser, in an interview by Haaretz, explains in substance that the withdrawal from Gaza is the monkey's money for the USA to turn a blind eye to the colonization of the West Bank.
- Quotation from Dov Weissglas “This whole package called the Palestinian state ...has been removed from our agenda” — Oct. 6 2004
Advisor to Sharon, Ariel, in an interview with Haaretz.
- Quotation from George W. Bush “Expect that any final status agreement will ...reflect these realities” — Apr. 14 2004
In an official letter to Ariel Sharon, expresses the agreement of the United States to endorse the results of colonization.
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “America... you can easily manoeuver and move in the right direction” — 2001
During a family's visit to the settlement of Ofra in 2001, Netanyahu explained that everything is allowed thanks to American support, how he stopped the Oslo Accords, and that the Palestinians must be crushed. The secretly taken video was not released until 2010.
- Quotation from Henry Kissinger “The first step should be to throw out television, a la South Africa” — Jan. 31 1988
U.S. Secretary of State from 1973 to 1977 then influential consultant, talking about the 1st Palestinian Intifada, according to a memo whose content has not been denied by the person concerned; translating the extremism of organized American Zionism.
- Quotation from Benzion Netanyahu “Terrorism is the first general attack on a free society” — 1986
Father of Benyamin Netanyahu, former personal secretary of the extreme right-wing leader Vladimir Jabotinsky, claiming that "terrorism" is only there to strengthen the USSR.
- Quotation from Clement Attlee “U.S. policy... moulded by the Jewish vote and by party contributions” — 1961
British Prime Minister (Labour) from 1945 to 1951, giving in 1961 his opinion on the origin of the American policy which required the admission of 100.000 Jewish refugees per year in Palestine.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “Serious help means killing Egyptians” — June 1956
Moshe Dayan, addressing Ben Gurion before the Suez expedition.
- Quotation from Harry Truman “I am rather disgusted with the manner in which the Jews are approaching the refugee problem” — Apr. 11 1949
President of the United States, in response to Mark Ethridge, President of the Palestine Conciliation Commission, in an inconsequential manifestation of mood….
- Quotation from Drew Pearson “Truman cracked down... to swing the UN vote for the partition of Palestine” — Feb. 9 1948
American journalist, reporting on a few behind-the-scenes operations to push through - on the third attempt - the partition resolution of Palestine of November 29, 1947.
- Quotation from James Forrestal “The method ... to bring coercion and duress on other nations in the General Assembly bordered closely on scandal” — Feb. 3 1948
U.S. Secretary of Defense (1947-1949), who committed suicide or was defenestrated on May 22, 1949, exposing to Roosevelt the means used to obtain the partition vote for Palestine on November 29, 1947.
- Quotation from Harry Truman “I do not have hundreds of thousands of Arabs among my constituents” — Nov. 10 1945
President of the USA, in front of the Arab ambassadors.
- Quotation from Hannah Arendt “Only folly could ... trusts a distant imperial power for protection” — Oct. 1945
In her book "Zionism Reconsidered", she wrote.
- Quotation from Ronald Storrs “A little loyal Jewish Ulster in a sea of potentially hostile Arabism” — 1943
The first British governor of Jerusalem, comments on the British logic behind the decision of the Balfour Declaration of 1917.
- Quotation from Arthur Balfour “The Four Great Powers ... are committed to Zionism” — Aug. 11 1919
In a private memorandum to the British Cabinet dated August 11, 1919, expresses that the great powers do not care about the Palestinians - 90% of the population at the time - and that with help, Zionism will help solve the "Jewish problem".
- Quotation from Jules Cambon “The French Government … can but feel sympathy for your cause” — June 4 1917
Secretary General of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in a letter to Nahum Sokolov, Weizmann's partner (unpublished letter at the time), giving official support to the myth of the "rebirth of Jewish nationality", i.e. to Zionism.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “With England as a starting point we may be sure that the Zionist idea will soar further” — 1904
Shortly before his death, repeating that England is the key to Zionism.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “I want you to… put the stamp of your authority on the Zionist plan” — Jan. 11 1902
Expressing his admiration for the colonial adventurer Cecil Rhodes, the founder of Rhodesia, in a draft letter written in his diary.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “The first moment I entered the Movement my eyes were directed towards England” — Feb. 28 1898
In a letter sent to his English friends before the creation of the English Zionist Federation.
- Quotation from Laurence Oliphant “Compelled to turn for the locality of the colony to Palestine, and for the colonists to the Jews” — 1880
Writer and politician, dedicating his book to "Her Royal Highness" Queen Victoria "as a token of deep gratitude for the sympathy and cordial interest shown by Her Royal Highness in the author's efforts to promote the Jewish settlement of Palestine ".
- Quotation from Anthony Ashley Cooper “And has not England a special interest in promoting such restoration” — 1876
Seventh Earl of Shaftesbury, English statesman, in an address to the British Parliament in 1876.
- Quotation from Anthony Ashley Cooper “The ancient city of the people of God is about to resume a place among the nations” — 1838
Seventh Earl of Shaftesbury, English statesman, on the occasion of the opening of a British embassy in Jerusalem (in reference to Luke 21-24).
- Quotation from François-René de Chateaubriand “These legitimate masters of Judea ” — Apr. 20 1819
Chateaubriand, an ultraroyalist conservative writer and diplomat, gives alms to the Catholic myth of the exile to the Jews of Jerusalem, and hopes for a military adventure of the Holy Alliance.