"Land of Israel" or variable geometry "biblical lands
- Quotation from Ze'ev Elkin “The 1967 borders are Auschwitz borders” — Jan. 2 2014
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, in turn exploiting the "Auschwitz" image to justify colonization.
- Quotation from Uri Ariel “We can and will market thousands of [settlement] apartments” — Aug. 12 2013
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Quotation from Miri Regev “The Land of Israel belongs … not only to the Jews who live in that land” — May 24 2011
Minister of Culture and Sports, then Minister of Transportation, recalling the goal of Zionism.
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “We are withdrawing from Gaza ...where there was no chance of establishing a Jewish majority” — June 30 2005
Speech at the "Cesarea 2005" conference, explaining the reasons for the redeployment out of Gaza.
- Quotation from Shimon Peres “Zionism is a path, not an outcome” — Apr. 29 1998
Explaining in his own way that Zionism is a project that never comes to fruition.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “Settling the Jews up to where the horizon extends” — Sep. 25 1991
Then Prime Minister of Israel, in the daily Haaretz, announces the intention of unlimited Jewish settlement.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “The whole Land of Israel belongs to us” — Sep. 17 1991
Then Prime Minister of Israel, interviewed by the daily Hadashot. "Land of Israel", as undefined as "Biblical Lands", extends beyond the Palestine of the British Mandate.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “To keep Eretz Israel … for the Jewish people, all of whom will be gathered” — Nov. 1990
Statement by former Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir, at a memorial service for former Likud leaders in Tel Aviv, November 1990.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Navon “To have as much land as possible and as few Arabs as possible” — 1984
One of the leaders of the Mapaï party, who became "moderate" President of Israel (1978-1983) during the 1984 election campaign.
- Quotation from Mordechai Gur “Q—Without ... distinctions between civilians and non-civilians? A—What distinction?” — May 10 1978
General, Chief of Staff of the Army from 1974 to 1978, justifying state terrorism without hesitation.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “The frontier is where Jews live, not where there is a line on the map” — Sep. 27 1972
Prime Minister, speaking to Jewish immigrants from the USSR in the Golan Heights.
- Quotation from Abba Eban “The June (1967) map a memory of Auschwitz” — Nov. 5 1969
Interview by the periodical Der Spiegel. Since 1969, Zionist publications have summarized this quote with the expression "Auschwitz Borders" to talk about what Israel would have been like before 1967, in order to justify the occupation. This absurd expression was repeated by Israeli ministers (Uri Landau, Zeev Elkin) after 2010.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “To expand the borders here. Let no Jew say that the process has ended” — Jul. 7 1968
Then Minister of Defense, announcing the Zionist program in the aftermath of the occupation of the West Bank and Gaza.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “After the present cease-fire lines, there will be new ones” — Jul. 5 1968
Then Minister of Defense, in front of the young people of the kibbutzim gathered on the Golan Heights.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “We are not obliged to fix the limits of the State.” — Aug. 10 1967
Paving the way for all annexations in the aftermath of the Six Day War.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “If one considers oneself as the people of the Bible, one should possess the Biblical lands” — Aug. 10 1967
In a statement reported by the Jerusalem Post, caressing the Zionist dream of "keeping everything" after the Six Day War.
- Quotation from Yigal Allon “Achieve total victory, the territorial fulfillment of the Land Of Israel” — 1966
Labor leader, leader of the Union of Labor tendency, former general during the Nakba, says aloud his regret that he did not drive out more Palestinians in 1948.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “Most of them … can be driven out. If the numbers were smaller it would be easier” — 1956
In a meeting with Ben Gurion, shortly before his appointment to the Army Northern Command.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “The annihilation of Arab power; and secondly, the expansion of our territory” — Oct. 12 1955
Terrorist one day ... then leader of the Herut party, declared before the Israeli parliament.
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “Cause friction, cause bloody confrontations, sabotage targets” — Jan. 10 1955
Then Prime Minister - for an additional month - Moshe Sharett confided in his personal notes - but not publicly - his conviction that the army services were responsible for the attacks in Egypt known as the "Lavon Affair ».
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “The long chain of false incidents and hostilities we have invented” — Dec. 22 1954
Moderate" Prime Minister, in his newspaper, following the hijacking of a civilian plane by Israel.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “The territory from the Litani southward will be totally annexed to Israel” — May 16 1954
Israeli Chief of Staff, for whom butchering Lebanon is child's play.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “It is clear that Lebanon is the weakest link in the Arab League” — Feb. 27 1954
Letter from David Ben Gurion to Moshe Sharett, then Prime Minister of Israel, urging him to implement a plan to dismember and destabilize Lebanon. Intended to remain confidential, this letter was nevertheless published, despite the protest of the Israeli government, by David Ben Gurion's son, in 1979, as an appendix to his posthumous memoirs.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “It lies upon the Israeli army to carry out the fight with the object of erecting the Israeli Empire” — Feb. 12 1952
Israel's Minister of Defense and Foreign Affairs on February 12, 1952 on Radio Israel.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We would not have taken on this war merely for the purpose of enjoying this tiny state” — Aug. 16 1948
Develops his visions in an interview with Times Magazine (read in full!).
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Our aim is to smash Lebanon, Trans-Jordan, and Syria” — May 24 1948
In his personal notes. More drunk with power than ever after a meeting with his counsellors, he is already anticipating 1967.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The law is whatever people determine it to be” — 1948
Replying to Pinhas Rosen on the issue of borders on the eve of independence. Israel has still not declared borders...
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Every school child knows that there is no such thing in history as a final arrangement” — Dec. 3 1947
Writes in his diary, four days after the 1947 UN partition plan and its "acceptance" by Israel.
- Quotation from Yehuda Leib Maimon “The Promised Land extends from the River of Egypt to the Euphrates” — Jul. 9 1947
Rabbi, member of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, in his testimony before the UN Commission of Inquiry in 1947.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Tabenkin “Our aim is the entire Land of Israel on both banks of the Jordan” — Mar. 1944
One of the founders of the kibbutz movement, summarizing the imperial objective.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “Under Solomon it became an empire. Who knows ? C’est le premier pas qui coûte” — Jul. 7 1937
In a letter to Arthur Balfour's niece, Amy Paterson.
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “The memorandum that we had submitted ...(for the) transfer of the Arabs … to Transjordan” — June 12 1937
Relating a dinner with the American Consul General in Jerusalem George Wadsworth.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “But I say on behalf of the Jews that the Bible is our Mandate” — Jan. 7 1937
Before the Peel Royal Commission.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The acceptance of partition does not commit us to renounce Transjordan” — 1937
Writing in support of the Peel Commission's partition project during a speech at a Labour Party meeting.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We do not suggest that we announce now our final aim which is far reaching” — Oct. 13 1936
In his diary (Zichronot), about a speech held on October 13th.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We don't need agreement with the Arabs in order to keep the peace in Palestine” — June 9 1936
In a letter to the executive of the Jewish Agency, explains its concept of "peace", a truce in view of a new war.
- Quotation from Menahem Ussishkin “I will make sure that we will be the landlords of this land” — May 19 1936
Delegate of Moscow to the first Zionist Congress, President of the KKL/JNF (Jewish National Fund).
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “Our claims to the north are imperatively demanded by the requirements of modern economic life” — 1919
Chaim Weizmann to the British Prime Minister Lloyd George in 1919, outlining the "minimum requirements for the realization of a Jewish national home".
- Quotation from Davis Trietsch “You do not get ten million Jews into a land of 25,000 Km2” — 1899
Zionist leader favouring the colonization of Cyprus and El-Arish, in a letter to Theodor Herzl.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “Area: from the Brook of Egypt to the Euphrates” — Oct. 14 1898
Endorsing the suggestion of his associate Max Bodenheimer, specifying for the limits of the State of the Jews.
- Quotation from Moshe Smilansky “It is very simple. We'll harass them until they get out” — 1891
Member of the first wave of colonization in Palestine, reporting a dialogue between two settlers of the "Lovers of Zion" (Hovevie Tzion) in 1891.