Land without people...
- Quotation from Benzion Netanyahu “They only call themselves people in order to fight the Jew” — Apr. 3 2009
Father of Benyamin Netanyahu, former personal secretary of right-wing leader Vladimir Jabotinsky, in an interview for the Maariv newspaper.
- Quotation from JNF/KKL “The JNF does not have to act with equality” — Dec. 2004
In its reply to a petition to the Israeli Supreme Court by Adalah, the Legal Center for Minority Rights in Israel, the JNF/KKL asserts a right to discrimination.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Those who fled from the country, who told them to flee” — 1972
In a pure senile denial of the existence of the Palestinians chased by him during the Nakba, in front of Israeli television.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “There were no such thing as Palestinians ...They did not exist” — June 15 1969
Prime Minister of Israel, the Palestinians have never existed.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “If this is Palestine, then it belongs to a people who have lived here before” — 1969
In response to a question about 'recognition of the existence of a Palestinian people' at Kibbutz Mapam of Ein Haroresh.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “There are no Arabs. One hundred percent Jews.” — Feb. 7 1948
President of the Jewish Agency and mastermind of the Nakba, speculating from February 1948 on a large-scale ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian territory.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “But I say on behalf of the Jews that the Bible is our Mandate” — Jan. 7 1937
Before the Peel Royal Commission.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We do not recognize any form of absolute ownership over any country” — 1930
Explaining in 1930 his "socialist" conception of the right to colonization in the form of a pro domo plea.
- Quotation from Yaakov Meiersohn “In Palestine, there is no unsettled land at all” — Jul. 1920
Leader of the communist tendency of Poale Zion, during its congress in Vienna.
- Quotation from Aharon David Gordon “Our country ...has remained desolate, poorer than other civilized countries and empty” — 1920
Zionist ideologue, taking up the colonialist discourse on the "Terra Nullius" to conquer.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “There is no Arab people … there is at best an Arab encampment” — 1920
After having popularized Shaftesbury's formula on "the land without people", he participates in the alternative fairy tale, Palestinians are passing nomads.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “They have given nothing to Palestine and are not entitled to the rules of democracy” — 1919
At a public meeting, talking about Palestinian Arabs.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “Palestine is a country without a people; the Jews are a people without a country” — Dec. 1901
Taking up the propaganda of the Christian Zionists (before becoming an opponent of the choice of Palestine for a Jewish national project).
- Quotation from John Lawson Stoddard “You are a people without a country; there is a country without a people. Be united” — 1897
American traveler and popular writer, Christian Zionist, author after Lord Shaftesbury, of the formula "a land without people for a people without land".
- Quotation from Asher Ginsberg “I did not manage to see even one man living solely from the fruit of his land” — 1891
In his book The Truth from Palestine (renamed A truth from the Land of Israel in 1953), commenting on his first visit to Palestine in 1891.
- Quotation from Anthony Ashley Cooper “The ancient and rightful lords of the soil, the Jews” — Jul. 30 1853
Seventh Earl of Shaftesbury, English statesman, one of the founders of Christian Zionism, in a letter to British Foreign Minister George Hamilton Gordon.
- Quotation from Alexander Lindsay “Waits for the return of her banished children” — 1838
Scottish aristocrat known as an art historian and collector, in a book where he develops an authentic pre-Zionist discourse.