Biblical myths of conquest as a history book
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “Ever since nearly 4000 years, the Land of Israel has been our homeland” — Sep. 27 2018
On September 27, 2018, Netanyahu, Prime Minister of the only nuclear power in the Middle East, addressed the UN General Assembly to oppose any nuclear deal with Iran. He added a summary of all the historical myths by which Israel justifies its colonial state in Palestine.
- Quotation from Tzipi Hotovely “My dream is to see the Israeli flag flying over the Temple Mount” — Oct. 25 2015
Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs, approving a central project of the religious Zionists, the israeli control over the al-Haram ash-Sharif.
- Quotation from Ofer Akunis “Our right to the land is eternal and irrevocable” — May 25 2015
Minister without portfolio, talking about the 'right' to a Land of Israel with undefined contours.
- Quotation from Marek Edelman “Kill twenty Arabs as long as one Jew stays alive” — Apr. 12 2006
Member of the Bund, anti-Zionist, leader of the Warsaw ghetto uprising, answering an Israeli journalist who asked him blandly if it was not "logical" that the Jews should do "everything to survive".
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “The Oslo agreement … for the Palestinians, is the only agreement they possess” — May 3 1998
Speaking at the WINEP symposium in Washington.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “Settling the Jews up to where the horizon extends” — Sep. 25 1991
Then Prime Minister of Israel, in the daily Haaretz, announces the intention of unlimited Jewish settlement.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “The whole Land of Israel belongs to us” — Sep. 17 1991
Then Prime Minister of Israel, interviewed by the daily Hadashot. "Land of Israel", as undefined as "Biblical Lands", extends beyond the Palestine of the British Mandate.
- Quotation from Auteur inconnu “They are brutal, wild, alien invaders” — Sep. 6 1989
In a televised speech, Yitzhak Shamir, a terrorist who was elected Prime Minister, pushed denialism to its extreme limit.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “In your country there are many cities with biblical names” — Jul. 19 1977
In his first meeting with US President Jimmy Carter at the White House, exploiting the relationship with Christian Zionism and biblical religious roots.
- Quotation from Chaim Herzog “For the Jews of this land there cannot be any partner” — 1972
Nine years before his election as President of Israel, summarizes Israeli diplomacy.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “This country exists as the fulfillment of a promise made by God Himself” — Oct. 15 1971
Prime Minister at the time, Golda Meir, although an atheist, makes her religion when it comes to justifying Israel.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “If one considers oneself as the people of the Bible, one should possess the Biblical lands” — Aug. 10 1967
In a statement reported by the Jerusalem Post, caressing the Zionist dream of "keeping everything" after the Six Day War.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Return to Zion and to the Bible is a supreme expression of the rebirth ...of the Jewish people” — 1950
In a writing showing his total identification between "spirituality" and nationalism.
- Quotation from Arthur Koestler “One nation solemnly promised to a second nation the country of a third” — 1949
Writer, commenting on the "extravagance" of the Balfour Declaration of 1917 (extravagance approved by Koestler).
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Our aim is to smash Lebanon, Trans-Jordan, and Syria” — May 24 1948
In his personal notes. More drunk with power than ever after a meeting with his counsellors, he is already anticipating 1967.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “But I say on behalf of the Jews that the Bible is our Mandate” — Jan. 7 1937
Before the Peel Royal Commission.
- Quotation from Arthur Balfour “The Four Great Powers ... are committed to Zionism” — Aug. 11 1919
In a private memorandum to the British Cabinet dated August 11, 1919, expresses that the great powers do not care about the Palestinians - 90% of the population at the time - and that with help, Zionism will help solve the "Jewish problem".
- Quotation from John Lawson Stoddard “You are a people without a country; there is a country without a people. Be united” — 1897
American traveler and popular writer, Christian Zionist, author after Lord Shaftesbury, of the formula "a land without people for a people without land".
- Quotation from Mark Twain “It’s our duty to take it away from them” — 1894
A year before Theodor Herzl's book "The State of the Jews", Mark Twain published a sequel to the adventures of Tom Sawyer, Tom Sawyer Abroad, in which only "paynim" (pagans) existed in the Holy Land, a land which Jews and Christians had to take over.