Colonization: never more than breaks
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “An exclusive and inalienable right to all parts of the Land of Israel” — Dec. 30 2022
Prime Minister, announces that the Likud platform - total Zionist rule over all of historic Palestine - is the program of his government.
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “As long as Likud is in power ... we won't withdraw from land” — Mar. 15 2015
Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, meeting in Tel Aviv.
- Quotation from Danny Danon “To strengthen the settlements in Judea and Samaria, in the Negev and in the Galilee” — Mar. 18 2013
Minister of Science, Technology and Space.
- Quotation from Danny Danon “Land-for-peace is over. We don't want a Palestinian State” — Oct. 2 2012
Minister of Science, Technology and Space, in an interview on Israel National Radio.
- Quotation from Danny Danon “The long-term vision is ... Jewish sovereignty over the communities ... of Judea and Samaria” — Sep. 13 2012
Minister of Science, Technology and Space.
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “This block will always remain a part of Israel” — Jul. 22 2005
During a visit to the illegal colony of Ariel.
- Quotation from Meron Benvenisti “The basic story is that of natives and settlers” — Aug. 8 2003
Deputy Mayor of Jerusalem from 1971 to 1978, who became a severe critic of the entire colonial process.
- Quotation from Michael Ben-Yair “The intifada is the Palestinian people's war of national liberation” — Mar. 3 2002
Attorney General of Israel from 1993 to 1996.
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “Everything that's grabbed will be in our hands” — Nov. 15 1998
Ariel Sharon, then Minister of Foreign Affairs, at a meeting of the far-right Tsomet party.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “The settlement of the Land of Israel is the essence of Zionism” — Feb. 21 1997
Former Lehi terrorist then former Prime Minister.
- Quotation from Shimon Peres “Jerusalem will not be on the negotiating table with the Palestinian” — Feb. 13 1996
Becoming Prime Minister after Yitzhak Rabin, explicitly locks Oslo agreements.
- Quotation from Yossi Beilin “The situation in the settlements has never been better” — Sep. 27 1995
One of the planners of the Oslo Accords. At the time Minister of Economy and Planning in Yitzhak Rabin's government, he tried here - unsuccessfully a month before Rabin's assassination - to reassure religious Zionist settlers about Rabin's intentions regarding settlement.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “In the meantime we would have reached half a million people” — June 27 1992
Immediately after his defeat in the elections, in an interview with the newspaper Maariv , indicating the path actually followed after the Oslo Accords.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “Knew in advance that the Syrians would start to shoot” — 1981
Explains in 1976 to a young journalist, Rami Tal, the technique for provoking violent "reprisals" before 1967 following a response to graduated provocations.
- Quotation from Israel Koenig “Diluting existing Arab population concentrations” — Sep. 7 1976
From the Ministry of the Interior, in a report for Yitzhak Rabin on Galilee in which he advocates the internal colonization of Galilee.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “If we don’t want to get to apartheid” — 1976
In an interview shown in the film "Rabin in his own words", where he compares colonies to cancer.
- Quotation from Yeshayahu Leibowitz “Declarations to that effect have been … coloured statements or deliberate lies” — Nov. 30 1973
Historian and moralist, commenting on the situation after the Yom Kippur War, stating that Israel has never sought peace.
- Quotation from Yehoshafat Harkabi “Our demands … must involve such conditions as to ensure that the enemy rejects them” — Nov. 2 1973
Former head of military intelligence, explaining that for Israel, negotiating is tantamount to pushing to surrender.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “The frontier is where Jews live, not where there is a line on the map” — Sep. 27 1972
Prime Minister, speaking to Jewish immigrants from the USSR in the Golan Heights.
- Quotation from Mordechai Hod “Sixteen years planning had gone into those initial eighty minutes” — Mar. 29 1972
General, Commander of the Air Force, about the 6 Day War.
- Quotation from Bertrand Russell “Every expansion ...to discover how much more aggression the world will tolerate” — Jan. 31 1970
In his last message, read at the International Conference of Parliamentarians in Cairo.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “The settlements established in the territories are there forever,” — 1969
Two years after the conquest of 1967, already announces the project of annexations.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “Is that the demographic problem? A people that lives for 7 years?"” — Dec. 6 1968
Mocking Labour who would like a solution to the "demographic problem" without abandoning any important center of Palestinian population.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “To expand the borders here. Let no Jew say that the process has ended” — Jul. 7 1968
Then Minister of Defense, announcing the Zionist program in the aftermath of the occupation of the West Bank and Gaza.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “After the present cease-fire lines, there will be new ones” — Jul. 5 1968
Then Minister of Defense, in front of the young people of the kibbutzim gathered on the Golan Heights.
- Quotation from Golda Eshkol Meir “My soul yearns for the dowry, and to let someone else take the bride” — Sep. 1967
In a dialogue with Levy Eshkol a year and a half before she succeeded him as Prime Minister, exposes the problem of coming to seize the Palestinian territories, but without Palestinians.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “We are not obliged to fix the limits of the State.” — Aug. 10 1967
Paving the way for all annexations in the aftermath of the Six Day War.
- Quotation from Levi Eshkol “The costal area [Gaza] will never be returned to Egypt” — June 1967
Then Prime Minister of Israel, speaks of Israel's intention to take permanent control of Gaza.
- Quotation from John Bagot Glubb “Has the objective been to remove a nation from its country and to introduce another race” — 1967
British Commander of the Arab Legion from 1941 to 1956 serving British and Jordanian interests.
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “The state of Israel cannot be ruled … without deceit and adventurism” — 1956
2nd "moderate" President of Israel, in his notebooks, shortly before his resignation in 1956.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “Most of them … can be driven out. If the numbers were smaller it would be easier” — 1956
In a meeting with Ben Gurion, shortly before his appointment to the Army Northern Command.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “The annihilation of Arab power; and secondly, the expansion of our territory” — Oct. 12 1955
Terrorist one day ... then leader of the Herut party, declared before the Israeli parliament.
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “Let us hope for a new war with the Arab countries” — May 26 1955
Minister for Foreign Affairs 1948-1956, and Prime Minister 1954-1956, paraphrasing on Moshe Dayan's words on the desire for a new war.
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “Cause friction, cause bloody confrontations, sabotage targets” — Jan. 10 1955
Then Prime Minister - for an additional month - Moshe Sharett confided in his personal notes - but not publicly - his conviction that the army services were responsible for the attacks in Egypt known as the "Lavon Affair ».
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “It is clear that Lebanon is the weakest link in the Arab League” — Feb. 27 1954
Letter from David Ben Gurion to Moshe Sharett, then Prime Minister of Israel, urging him to implement a plan to dismember and destabilize Lebanon. Intended to remain confidential, this letter was nevertheless published, despite the protest of the Israeli government, by David Ben Gurion's son, in 1979, as an appendix to his posthumous memoirs.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We were a company of conquistadores” — 1954
Evoking the beginnings of Zionist colonization in 1917.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Our aim is to smash Lebanon, Trans-Jordan, and Syria” — May 24 1948
In his personal notes. More drunk with power than ever after a meeting with his counsellors, he is already anticipating 1967.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “War will also bring in its wake a great change in the distribution of the Arab population” — Apr. 6 1948
Speaking to the Zionist Action Committee, said that the war and the depopulation of the Palestinians will not stop at the borders of the partition plan.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “If a war is extended...our greatest gain will be the Galilee” — Apr. 1948
Extract from a protocol of the provisional government, between March and May 1948 according to the context, providing for the conquest of the Galilee attributed to the Palestinian state in 1947.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Concepts of ours and not ours ...lose their meaning during war” — Feb. 1948
Addressing the leaders of the Jewish National Fund in early February.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The law is whatever people determine it to be” — 1948
Replying to Pinhas Rosen on the issue of borders on the eve of independence. Israel has still not declared borders...
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Every school child knows that there is no such thing in history as a final arrangement” — Dec. 3 1947
Writes in his diary, four days after the 1947 UN partition plan and its "acceptance" by Israel.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “Eretz Israel will be restored to the people of Israel. All of it. And for Ever” — Nov. 30 1947
Leader of the terrorist group Irgun (later Prime Minister), the day after the vote on UN Resolution 181.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Consider … a Jewish state in a part ...while reaffirming our right to the whole of Palestine” — Jul. 8 1947
Before the UN commission (UNSCOP) that came to investigate in Palestine.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The compulsory transfer of the Arabs from the valleys of the Jewish state could give us” — Jul. 12 1937
Expressing its wish to take over the Peel Commission's proposal for partition (2 incomplete versions).
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Among ourselves there can be no debate about the integrity of the Land of Israel” — 1937
In a commentary on the Peel Commission's proposal, reported by Moshe Dayan, recalls that the goal of Zionism is the total colonization of Palestine.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The acceptance of partition does not commit us to renounce Transjordan” — 1937
Writing in support of the Peel Commission's partition project during a speech at a Labour Party meeting.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We do not suggest that we announce now our final aim which is far reaching” — Oct. 13 1936
In his diary (Zichronot), about a speech held on October 13th.
- Quotation from Walter Shaw “The Arabs have come to see in Jewish immigration … a possible overlord of the future” — 1929
1929 British Shaw Commission of Inquiry.