State terrorism after 1948
- Quotation from Ronen Bergman “Israel has used assassination and targeted killings more than any country in the West” — Jan. 23 2018
Israeli investigative journalist, in an interview on the occasion of the release of his book Rise and Kill First - The Secret History of Israel's Targeted Assassinations.
- Quotation from Amitai Karanik “In wartime, there is no civilian population” — Oct. 2014
Major of the Israeli army, exposing the doctrine implemented against the Palestinians of Gaza.
- Quotation from Noam Perel “An army of avengers … that will not stop at 300 Philistine foreskins” — Jul. 2 2014
Rabbi of Jerusalem, Secretary General of the World Bnei Akiva, using the Bible as a guide for a call to slaughter.
- Quotation from Ayelet Shaked “The entire Palestinian people are the enemy, including its elderly and its women” — Jul. 1 2014
Minister of Justice of the Netanyahu Government.
- Quotation from Moshe Yaalon “The Palestinian threat harbours cancer-like attributes that have to be severed” — Aug. 25 2012
Minister of Defense, before an assembly of rabbis.
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “Make the distinction between terror groups and freedom fighters” — Jul. 21 2006
Explaining that the Irgun terrorists responsible for King David's bloodbath were "freedom fighters".
- Quotation from Shaul Mofaz “Show no pity to anyone, even if it causes traffic holdups and anger” — Sep. 6 2005
Minister of Defense, during a tour of the West Bank.
- Quotation from Azmi Bishara “Zionist colonialism inhabits the space between two extinct models” — Jan. 8 2004
Palestinian from Israel, founder of the Balad party, exiled since 2007.
- Quotation from Avigdor Lieberman “The prisoners should be drowned in the Dead Sea and he would provide the buses” — Jul. 7 2003
Israeli Minister of Transport, on Israeli radio, suggesting drowning the imprisoned Palestinians.
- Quotation from Edward Said “Full view of nightly TV audiences, has performed such miracles of detailed sadism” — Oct. 1 2002
Palestinian-American intellectual, making an observation whose deep roots he has also analyzed.
- Quotation from Unidentified / Non identifié “To analyse how the German army operated in the Warsaw ghetto” — Jan. 25 2002
As a "senior officer of the IDF", he is inspired by the Nazis to say how to treat the Palestinians.
- Quotation from Uzi Landau “That would be a fight to the death between us and the Palestinians” — Dec. 14 2001
Interior Minister in the Sharon government, member of the far-right Yisrael Beiteinu party.
- Quotation from Ehud Barak “If we thought that instead of 200 Palestinian fatalities, 2,000 dead would put an end” — Nov. 16 2000
Prime Minister (for another 2 months), on the radio.
- Quotation from Edward Said “Drop by drop tactic in which one or two houses are demolished daily” — Jul. 23 1998
A great Palestinian intellectual, opposed to the Oslo Accords, explaining the "originality" of daily ethnic cleansing in the Zionist way.
- Quotation from Baruch Goldstein “Doctor Baruch Kapal Goldstein, blessed be the memory of the righteous and holy man” — Feb. 27 1994
Tombstone of Baruch Goldstein, who killed 29 people and wounded 125 in the al-Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron / al-Khalil on February 25, 1994.
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “Israel should have exploited the repression … in China ... to carry out mass expulsions” — Nov. 24 1989
Then Minister of Foreign Affairs, at Bar Ilan University.
- Quotation from Yeshayahu Leibowitz “We are already behaving … in the same way as the Nazis did” — Feb. 5 1988
Israeli Orthodox scientist, moralist and historian, compares Israel's behavior in the occupied territories to that of the Nazis outside Germany.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “Break their bones” — Jan. 1988
Former General turned Minister of Defense, gives informal instructions to army commanders about young Palestinian stone-throwers.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “5,600 are currently in prison. Are these trivial numbers” — 1988
During an election debate in 1988, showing the general's shell under the politician's tie.
- Quotation from Benzion Netanyahu “Terrorism is the first general attack on a free society” — 1986
Father of Benyamin Netanyahu, former personal secretary of the extreme right-wing leader Vladimir Jabotinsky, claiming that "terrorism" is only there to strengthen the USSR.
- Quotation from Benjamin Cohen “To insure peace for the residents of Galilee. These lies worthy of Goebbels make me mad” — June 8 1982
Professor of History at Tel Aviv University, in a letter to the French historian Pierre Vidal-Naquet.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “Knew in advance that the Syrians would start to shoot” — 1981
Explains in 1976 to a young journalist, Rami Tal, the technique for provoking violent "reprisals" before 1967 following a response to graduated provocations.
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “I want the Arabs to see Jewish lights every night 500 meters from them” — 1980
Passing by helicopter over the Netzarim settlement in the Gaza Strip.
- Quotation from Rafael Eitan “All the Arabs are the same. They should all be finished off” — 1980
Chief of Staff of the Israeli army, making genocidal remarks during a meeting of the high command in Gaza in 1980.
- Quotation from Mordechai Gur “Q—Without ... distinctions between civilians and non-civilians? A—What distinction?” — May 10 1978
General, Chief of Staff of the Army from 1974 to 1978, justifying state terrorism without hesitation.
- Quotation from Moshe Etzioni “The Arabs … do not take much time before they confess. It’s part of their nature” — 1977
Judge of the Supreme Court of Israel, interviewed by Amnesty International on the rate of confessions (indicator of torture).
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “We’ll make them a pastrami sandwich … nobody, will be able to tear it apart” — 1973
In response, in 1973, to journalist Winston Churchill, grandson of the Prime Minister, asking him what to do with the Palestinians.
- Quotation from Yigal Allon “A couple of … bombardments on Hebron and not a single 'Hebronite' would have remained” — Nov. 1967
Former commander of the Palmach, Deputy Prime Minister in 1967, he called for a new ethnic cleansing on the scale of the Nakba.
- Quotation from Martin Buber “The majority of Jewish people preferred to learn from Hitler rather than from us” — June 2 1958
In front of a Jewish audience in New York (while propagating the myth of the 'return to Palestine').
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “The state of Israel cannot be ruled … without deceit and adventurism” — 1956
2nd "moderate" President of Israel, in his notebooks, shortly before his resignation in 1956.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Let me first tell you one thing: it doesn't matter what the world says about Israel” — 1953
Addressing Ariel Sharon, who had just killed 69 Palestinian civilians in Kibya in 1953 by locking them up and blowing up their homes; as reported by Sharon.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Le rassemblement des exilés (sic) nous apporte de la populace” — Apr. 1950
At a meeting of the army high command, explaining that the Jewish 'rabble' must be 'rebuilt'.