State terrorism after 1948
- Quotation from Ronen Bergman “Israel has used assassination and targeted killings more than any country in the West” — Jan. 23 2018
Israeli investigative journalist, in an interview on the occasion of the release of his book Rise and Kill First - The Secret History of Israel's Targeted Assassinations.
- Quotation from Amitai Karanik “In wartime, there is no civilian population” — Oct. 2014
Major of the Israeli army, exposing the doctrine implemented against the Palestinians of Gaza.
- Quotation from Moshe Feiglin “Gaza will become part of sovereign Israel” — Jul. 15 2014
Settler in the West Bank, leader of Manhigut Yehudit (Jewish Leadership), an offshoot of the Likud, for whom the "solution" is none other than the ethnic cleansing of the two million Palestinians in Gaza.
- Quotation from Noam Perel “An army of avengers … that will not stop at 300 Philistine foreskins” — Jul. 2 2014
Rabbi of Jerusalem, Secretary General of the World Bnei Akiva, using the Bible as a guide for a call to slaughter.
- Quotation from Ayelet Shaked “The entire Palestinian people are the enemy, including its elderly and its women” — Jul. 1 2014
Minister of Justice of the Netanyahu government, quoting in extenso and approving an article by Uri Elitzur from 2002 that promoted the complete destruction of the Palestinian people.
- Quotation from Eli Yishai “We must blow Gaza back to the Middle Ages” — Nov. 17 2012
Then Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, deputy of the religious party Shas, white supremacist and homophobe.
- Quotation from Moshe Yaalon “The Palestinian threat harbours cancer-like attributes that have to be severed” — Aug. 25 2012
Minister of Defense, before an assembly of rabbis.
- Quotation from Galit Eizenkot “Disproportionate force and immense damage and destruction” — Oct. 3 2008
Major General of the Northern Command, describing what will be the genocidal policy of Israel two months before the massacres of early 2009 in Gaza.
- Quotation from Gadi Siboni “With force disproportionate to the enemy's actions” — Oct. 2 2008
Colonel of the army reserve, explaining the "concept" of Israel, common to all colonial regimes in the face of any act of resistance: inflict maximum destruction and hope for calm.
- Quotation from Gadi Siboni “With force disproportionate to the enemy's actions” — Oct. 2 2008
Colonel de réserve de l’armée, expliquant le « concept » d’Israël, commun à tous les régimes coloniaux face à tout acte de résistance : infliger le maximum de destructions et en espérer le calme.
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “Make the distinction between terror groups and freedom fighters” — Jul. 21 2006
Explaining that the Irgun terrorists responsible for King David's bloodbath were "freedom fighters".
- Quotation from Khaled Mechaal “Only after Israel recognises the right of the Palestinians” — Feb. 6 2006
Two months after Hamas won the Palestinian elections in the occupied territories, its leader indicated the possibility and conditions for a long-term truce with Israel. In the following months, Israel and its supporters ignored these efforts and stepped up the repression.
- Quotation from Shaul Mofaz “Show no pity to anyone, even if it causes traffic holdups and anger” — Sep. 6 2005
Minister of Defense, during a tour of the West Bank.
- Quotation from Azmi Bishara “Zionist colonialism inhabits the space between two extinct models” — Jan. 8 2004
Palestinian from Israel, founder of the Balad party, exiled since 2007.
- Quotation from Avigdor Lieberman “The prisoners should be drowned” — Jul. 7 2003
Israeli Minister of Transport, on Israeli radio, suggesting drowning the imprisoned Palestinians.
- Quotation from Edward Said “Full view of nightly TV audiences, has performed such miracles of detailed sadism” — Oct. 1 2002
Palestinian-American intellectual, making an observation whose deep roots he has also analyzed.
- Quotation from Unidentified / Non identifié “To analyse how the German army operated in the Warsaw ghetto” — Jan. 25 2002
As a "senior officer of the IDF", he is inspired by the Nazis to say how to treat the Palestinians.
- Quotation from Uzi Landau “That would be a fight to the death between us and the Palestinians” — Dec. 14 2001
Interior Minister in the Sharon government, member of the far-right Yisrael Beiteinu party.
- Quotation from Ehud Barak “If we thought that instead of 200 Palestinian fatalities, 2,000 dead would put an end” — Nov. 16 2000
Prime Minister (for another 2 months), on the radio.
- Quotation from Edward Said “Drop by drop tactic in which one or two houses are demolished daily” — Jul. 23 1998
A great Palestinian intellectual, opposed to the Oslo Accords, explaining the "originality" of daily ethnic cleansing in the Zionist way.
- Quotation from Baruch Goldstein “Doctor Baruch Kapal Goldstein, blessed be the memory of the righteous and holy man” — Feb. 27 1994
Tombstone of Baruch Goldstein, who killed 29 people and wounded 125 in the al-Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron / al-Khalil on February 25, 1994.
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “Israel should have exploited the repression … in China ... to carry out mass expulsions” — Nov. 24 1989
Then Minister of Foreign Affairs, at Bar Ilan University.
- Quotation from Yeshayahu Leibowitz “We are already behaving … in the same way as the Nazis did” — Feb. 5 1988
Israeli Orthodox scientist, moralist and historian, compares Israel's behavior in the occupied territories to that of the Nazis outside Germany.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “Break their bones” — Jan. 1988
Former General turned Minister of Defense, gives informal instructions to army commanders about young Palestinian stone-throwers.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Rabin “5,600 are currently in prison. Are these trivial numbers” — 1988
During an election debate in 1988, showing the general's shell under the politician's tie.
- Quotation from Benzion Netanyahu “Terrorism is the first general attack on a free society” — 1986
Father of Benyamin Netanyahu, former personal secretary of the extreme right-wing leader Vladimir Jabotinsky, claiming that "terrorism" is only there to strengthen the USSR.
- Quotation from Benjamin Cohen “To insure peace for the residents of Galilee. These lies worthy of Goebbels make me mad” — June 8 1982
Professor of History at Tel Aviv University, in a letter to the French historian Pierre Vidal-Naquet.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “There were retaliatory actions against civilian populations” — Aug. 4 1981
Then Prime Minister, in order to "justify" the atrocities committed in Beirut, explained that before him the Labour Party had also targeted the civilian population.
- Quotation from Abba Eban “Israel wantonly inflicting every possible measure of death” — June 16 1981
Former Israeli ambassador to the UN and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Eban outbids Menachem Begin in qualifying Israel's genocidal acts.
- Quotation from Moshe Dayan “Knew in advance that the Syrians would start to shoot” — 1981
Explains in 1976 to a young journalist, Rami Tal, the technique for provoking violent "reprisals" before 1967 following a response to graduated provocations.
- Quotation from Rafael Eitan “All the Arabs are the same. They should all be finished off” — 1980
Chief of Staff of the Israeli army, making genocidal remarks during a meeting of the high command in Gaza in 1980.
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “I want the Arabs to see Jewish lights every night 500 meters from them” — 1980
Passing by helicopter over the Netzarim settlement in the Gaza Strip.
- Quotation from Mordechai Gur “Q—Without ... distinctions between civilians and non-civilians? A—What distinction?” — May 10 1978
General, Chief of Staff of the Army from 1974 to 1978, justifying state terrorism without hesitation.
- Quotation from Moshe Etzioni “The Arabs … do not take much time before they confess. It’s part of their nature” — 1977
Judge of the Supreme Court of Israel, interviewed by Amnesty International on the rate of confessions (indicator of torture).
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “We’ll make them a pastrami sandwich … nobody, will be able to tear it apart” — 1973
In response, in 1973, to journalist Winston Churchill, grandson of the Prime Minister, asking him what to do with the Palestinians.
- Quotation from Yigal Allon “A couple of … bombardments on Hebron and not a single 'Hebronite' would have remained” — Nov. 1967
Former commander of the Palmach, Deputy Prime Minister in 1967, he called for a new ethnic cleansing on the scale of the Nakba.
- Quotation from Martin Buber “The majority of Jewish people preferred to learn from Hitler rather than from us” — June 2 1958
In front of a Jewish audience in New York (while propagating the myth of the 'return to Palestine').
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “The state of Israel cannot be ruled … without deceit and adventurism” — 1956
2nd "moderate" President of Israel, in his notebooks, shortly before his resignation in 1956.
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “Cause friction, cause bloody confrontations, sabotage targets” — Jan. 10 1955
Then Prime Minister - for an additional month - Moshe Sharett confided in his personal notes - but not publicly - his conviction that the army services were responsible for the attacks in Egypt known as the "Lavon Affair ».
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “ I can imagine the storm that will break out tomorrow” — Oct. 15 1953
In the aftermath of the Qibya massacre - 69 dead - caused by Ariel Sharon's Unit 101, Moshe Sharett, then Minister of Foreign Affairs, reserved his helplessness and scruples for his diary.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Let me first tell you one thing: it doesn't matter what the world says about Israel” — 1953
Addressing Ariel Sharon, who had just killed 69 Palestinian civilians in Kibya in 1953 by locking them up and blowing up their homes; as reported by Sharon.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The ingathering of the exiles brings us the rabble” — Apr. 1950
At a meeting of the army high command, explaining that the Jewish 'rabble' must be 'rebuilt'.