The fate of the Jews of Europe is not our problem
- Quotation from Nathan Yalin-Mor “Our plans for large-scale immigration offered Germany ...to rid Europe of the Jews” — 1978
Former Lehi terrorist turned proponent of negotiations with the PLO, about Zionist contribution to the Nazi project on the Jews.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Hitler, more than he hurt the Jewish people … hurt the Jewish State” — 1964
Explaining that the genocide of the Jews of Europe was less serious than the reduction in the number of European immigrants to Israel.
- Quotation from Hannah Arendt “Palestine, of all places, was swamped with all kinds of goods ‘made in Germany’” — 1963
Evoking, at the end of the Eichmann trial of 1961, the attitude of the Zionist leaders towards Nazism in the 1930s.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Hitler … caused damage to the Jewish state, whose coming he did not foresee” — 1954
Weighing, in retrospect, in his own way, the harm caused to the Jews by the genocide of the Jews of Europe.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Gruenbaum “NO! and I say again, NO! Not one cow here for ten thousand Jews in Germany” — Feb. 18 1943
Chairman of the Rescue Committee of the Jewish Agency, in an address to the Zionist Executive Council.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Gruenbaum “Let them say that I am anti-Semitic” — Jan. 18 1943
Chairman of the Rescue Committee of the Jewish Agency during World War II, addressing the Zionist Executive Committee in response to Rabbi Ishe Meir Levin d'Agudat Yisrael.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The catastrophe of the European Jewry is not, in a direct manner, my business” — Dec. 1942
Fewer Jews in Europe? It is annoying for the Zionist colonization….
- Quotation from Berl Katznelson “Unable to fight even for a few days for small things like Hebrew schools” — Dec. 1940
Publisher of the daily Davar, violently attacks Polish Jews in the territories conquered by the Soviet Union, showing where his priorities are heading.
- Quotation from Berl Katznelson “The day of the Patria sinking … was the biggest Zionist action in recent times” — Nov. 26 1940
Berl Katznelson, the ideological leader of the labor movement, wrote to Shaul Avigur, one of the leaders of the Haganah, the day after the shipwreck of the Patria, caused by the Haganah and which claimed 250 victims.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We don't belong to that Jewish people. We don't want to be that sort of Jew” — Aug. 1939
During the XX Zionist congress held in Geneva one month before World War II.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “If Palestine will not absorb them another territory will. Zionism is endangered” — Dec. 17 1938
Letter to the Zionist Executive expressing the fear that Palestine might not be the only solution to the rescue of European Jews.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Save … only half of them ... by transporting them to Eretz Yisrael, then I would opt for the second alternative” — Dec. 7 1938
One month after the Nazi Kristallnacht pogrom, in a speech delivered in London (meeting of MAPAM leaders).
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “We don’t want Tel Aviv to become another low-grade ghetto” — Oct. 1938
In the autumn issue of the official British publication New Judea, reporting on a statement made in Poland.
- Quotation from Arthur Ruppin “I believe in the transfer of entire villages” — June 12 1938
Leading Zionist planner at a Jewish Agency executive meeting.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The more we emphasize the terrible distress of the Jewish masses … So be silent” — June 1938
Commenting before the executive of the Jewish Agency on his wishes for the Jewish Rescue Conference that was about to open in Evian.
- Quotation from Stephen Wise “No Jewish organisation would … sponsor a bill which would ...alter the immigration laws” — Apr. 1938
Rabbi, leader of the American Jewish Congress and main spokesman for Zionism in the USA, in a letter addressed to elected Democrats in the aftermath of the Anchluss.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “To discuss ...the Jews in Germany only from the aspect of their immigration to Palestine” — Dec. 31 1935
Describing the task of the Jewish Agency's commission in charge of German Jewish problems.
- Quotation from World Zionist Organisation / Organisation sioniste mondiale “We owe it to ourselves to be cruel” — May 8 1922
Expressing, in accordance with the central thesis of Zionism, what the Zionist policy from 1933 to 1945 would be about the anti-Semitic massacres in Europe.