Palestinian awareness of the goal of Zionism
- Quotation from Raleb Majadele “...to sing an anthem that was written for Jews only” — Mar. 17 2007
Israeli Palestinian, who served as Minister of Science, Culture and Sport from March 2007 to March 2009.
- Quotation from Shlomo Ben Ami “If I were Palestinian I would have rejected Camp David, as well” — Feb. 14 2006
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, chief negotiator at Camp David in 2000. In a debate with Norman Finkelstein on "Democracy Now".
- Quotation from Fatah “Irrespective of race, color or creed” — 1972
In its 1972 platform, the main PLO organization, Fatah, called for a "unitary, democratic and non-sectarian" state for all of Palestine, without elaborating further.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Immigration at the rate of 60,000 a year means a Jewish state in all of Palestine” — June 1937
In a letter to Moshe Sharett, quoted twice by Ben Gurion's biographer, in slightly different forms.
- Quotation from Tarab Abdul Hadi “The British are the cause of our suffering and they should learn from the lesson” — Apr. 15 1933
Leader of the Arab Women's Association (AWA) during a visit by General Allenby.
- Quotation from Shukri Al-‘Asali “After having taken possession of the land they will expel the inhabitants” — May 18 1911
Damascus Deputy in the Ottoman Parliament, Kaymakam (Governor) of Nazareth.
- Quotation from Sulaymân
Al-Tâjî al-Farûqî “An omen of our future exile from our homeland and of our departure” — May 1911
Ramle's representative to the first Palestinian anti-Zionist party, in the newspaper Filastin.
- Quotation from Shukri Al-`Asali “They have begun setting up their political aims and establishing their imaginary government” — 1910
Damascus deputy in the Ottoman parliament, kaymakam (governor) of Nazareth, describes in the newspaper Al Karmil (Haifa) the mechanics of the state embryo placement, seven years before the Balfour declaration.
- Quotation from Yusuf Ziya al-Khalidi “I make no distinction between Jews, Christians and Muslims” — Mar. 1 1899
Mayor of Jerusalem, in the letter to Chief Rabbi of Paris Zadok Kahn.
- Quotation from Yusuf Ziya al-Khalidi “In the name of God, let Palestine be left alone” — Mar. 1 1899
Mayor of Jerusalem, former Arab deputy in the Turkish parliament, after having taken note of the conclusions of the Basel congress, adjures Chief Rabbi of Paris Zadok Kahn in these terms.
- Quotation from Collectif “In short, they will not accept us, even as their slaves” — 1890
From a Bedouin tribe on the lands of what became Rehovot, in a petition addressed to the Istanbul government.