Weitz, Yosef (1886-1972)
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “This may destroy the very foundation of our state” — Sep. 29 1967
Obsessive promoter of the expulsion of Palestinians since the 1930s, fearing that everything would have to be redone after the conquest of the West Bank and Gaza in 1967.
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “Given the massive immigration from the Orient … There are indeed grounds for anxiety” — Sep. 19 1950
Director of the KKL/JNF, expresses in his diary his racist fear of Oriental Jews.
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “His opinion is that we must act ...as to transform the exodus of the Arabs into an established fact” — May 28 1948
KKL-JNF leader in a meeting with newly appointed Foreign Minister Moshe Shertok (Sharett) to formalize the "transfer committee" to make the expulsion of Palestinians irreversible.
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “Their inhabitants are afraid and flee like mice” — Apr. 21 1948
At the same time as he participates in the ethnic cleansing of Palestine, the KKL/JNF leader cherishes the idea that the expellees will identify with the expellers.
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “Without ... transfer … we will not be able to solve our question by land buying” — Feb. 13 1941
Director of the Jewish National Fund (KKL/JNF), in his diary dated February 13, 1941.
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “Not one village must be left, not one [Bedouin] tribe” — Dec. 20 1940
Director of the Jewish National Fund (KKL/JNF), one of the main architects of the "transfer" and destruction of Palestinian villages in 1948. In his diary (conversation with Zalman Lifschitz).
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “Advocate land presently held and cultivated by the Arabs and thus to release it for Jewish inhabitants” — Nov. 22 1937
KKL/JNF leader and Chair of the Transfer Committee, explaining that.