Zionism advocated by Protestants
- Quotation from Donald Trump “And we moved the capital of Israel to Jerusalem. That’s for the evangelicals” — Aug. 18 2020
During the election campaign in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, marveling at the power of the early Zionists, the Christian Zionists.
- Quotation from Hendrik Verwoerd “Israel, like South Africa, is an apartheid state” — Nov. 23 1961
Former Prime Minister of South Africa, in the daily Rand Daily Mail.
- Quotation from Drew Pearson “Truman cracked down... to swing the UN vote for the partition of Palestine” — Feb. 9 1948
American journalist, reporting on a few behind-the-scenes operations to push through - on the third attempt - the partition resolution of Palestine of November 29, 1947.
- Quotation from Harry Truman “I do not have hundreds of thousands of Arabs among my constituents” — Nov. 10 1945
President of the USA, in front of the Arab ambassadors.
- Quotation from Winston Churchill “I do not admit that the dog in the manger has the final right to the manger” — Mar. 12 1937
In a testimony before the Peel Commission on Palestine, reveals the racist and "white supremacist" basis of his support for the Zionist project (the testimony was only published in 1982).
- Quotation from Arthur Balfour “The Four Great Powers ... are committed to Zionism” — Aug. 11 1919
In a private memorandum to the British Cabinet dated August 11, 1919, expresses that the great powers do not care about the Palestinians - 90% of the population at the time - and that with help, Zionism will help solve the "Jewish problem".
- Quotation from Arthur Balfour “A Body … long regarded as alien ..., which it was equally unable to expel or to absorb” — Sep. 20 1918
Speaking of Zionism, he states unvarnished that in his eyes the Jews constitute an insoluble problem for "Western civilization.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “With England as a starting point we may be sure that the Zionist idea will soar further” — 1904
Shortly before his death, repeating that England is the key to Zionism.
- Quotation from John Lawson Stoddard “You are a people without a country; there is a country without a people. Be united” — 1897
American traveler and popular writer, Christian Zionist, author after Lord Shaftesbury, of the formula "a land without people for a people without land".
- Quotation from Anthony Ashley Cooper “The ancient and rightful lords of the soil, the Jews” — Jul. 30 1853
Seventh Earl of Shaftesbury, English statesman, one of the founders of Christian Zionism, in a letter to British Foreign Minister George Hamilton Gordon.
- Quotation from Anthony Ashley Cooper “The ancient city of the people of God is about to resume a place among the nations” — 1838
Seventh Earl of Shaftesbury, English statesman, on the occasion of the opening of a British embassy in Jerusalem (in reference to Luke 21-24).
- Quotation from John Adams “I really wish the Jews again in Judea an independent nation” — Mar. 15 1819
Second President of the United States (from 1797 to 1801), in a letter to a Jewish traveler of the time, Mordechai Noah, wanted a "restoration" of the Jews in Judea with a view to their conversion.
- Quotation from Thomas Brightman “Shall they return to Jerusalem” — 1615
A clergyman and influential Bible commentator, he was one of the early Protestant progenitors of the Zionist project.