The opinion of others does not count
- Quotation from Ayelet Shaked “Zionism should not continue to bow down to the system of individual rights” — Aug. 29 2017
Minister of Justice, in an attack on the Supreme Court, which had approved the deportation of African migrants but refused to imprison them for more than two months if they refused.
- Quotation from Bezalel Smotrich “Who loves those who love him and hates those who hate him – doesn’t turn the other cheek” — Mar. 6 2017
Vice-President of the Israeli Parliament, explaining the "substance" of the draft fundamental law "Israel, Nation State of the Jewish People".
- Quotation from Eli Yishai “I sound like a racist, a benighted man or a xenophobe” — May 31 2012
Israeli Interior Minister, in a call to protect the "Zionist dream" against migrants.
- Quotation from JNF/KKL “The JNF does not have to act with equality” — Dec. 2004
In its reply to a petition to the Israeli Supreme Court by Adalah, the Legal Center for Minority Rights in Israel, the JNF/KKL asserts a right to discrimination.
- Quotation from Elyakim Haetzni “We are taking our soldiers and policemen to carry out a pogrom” — Mar. 18 2004
Former member of the Knesset, from the colony of Kiryat Arba.
- Quotation from Martin Van Creveld “We have the capability to take the world down with us” — Apr. 27 2002
Military historian and professor at the University of Jerusalem, in an interview designed to "get the message out" about the Israeli nuclear threat, officially denied, should any state challenge ethnic cleansing.
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “America... you can easily manoeuver and move in the right direction” — 2001
During a family's visit to the settlement of Ofra in 2001, Netanyahu explained that everything is allowed thanks to American support, how he stopped the Oslo Accords, and that the Palestinians must be crushed. The secretly taken video was not released until 2010.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “It is doubtful that we would have been able to create an independent Jewish State” — Oct. 27 1998
In an interview, explains that without the terrorism of which he was a leader; Israel might never have come into existence.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “It is permissible to lie for the sake of the Land of Israel” — 1992
The former terrorist, now Prime Minister, has repeated many times what he was practicing.
- Quotation from Yehoshafat Harkabi “Any flaw in Israeli conduct … transformed into proof of the validity of anti-Semitism” — 1988
Director of Israeli Intelligence from 1955 to 1959, in a book published in Hebrew in 1986 and in English in 1988, explains that Israel's behavior gives rise to antisemitism.
- Quotation from Amos Oz “Victimhood entitles its owners to a moral exemption” — 1987
In a collection of essays. He ironically mocks Menachem Begin and his justifications for the invasion of Lebanon in 1982.
- Quotation from Yehoshafat Harkabi “Any opposition … is attributed either to ignorance ...or to base motive they are anti-Semitic” — 1982
Former General Commander of Military Intelligence and Professor of Strategy at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “The Jewish People … their lot and future are not dependent on a political meeting” — Jul. 17 1977
During a meeting with Loubavitch Rabbi Schneerson in New York City before his meeting with Jeremy Carter.
- Quotation from Yeshayahu Leibowitz “Declarations to that effect have been … coloured statements or deliberate lies” — Nov. 30 1973
Historian and moralist, commenting on the situation after the Yom Kippur War, stating that Israel has never sought peace.
- Quotation from Chaim Herzog “For the Jews of this land there cannot be any partner” — 1972
Nine years before his election as President of Israel, summarizes Israeli diplomacy.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Our future does not depend on what the nations [goyim] say, but what the Jews do” — Apr. 27 1955
During the Independence Day Rally at Ramat Gan Stadium.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Let me first tell you one thing: it doesn't matter what the world says about Israel” — 1953
Addressing Ariel Sharon, who had just killed 69 Palestinian civilians in Kibya in 1953 by locking them up and blowing up their homes; as reported by Sharon.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We do not fit the general pattern of humanity” — 1950
In a speech in 1950 exalting the exceptionalism of the "Jewish people”.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Gruenbaum “Let them say that I am anti-Semitic” — Jan. 18 1943
Chairman of the Rescue Committee of the Jewish Agency during World War II, addressing the Zionist Executive Committee in response to Rabbi Ishe Meir Levin d'Agudat Yisrael.
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “No matter whether Joseph or Simon or Ivan or Achmet agree with it or not” — Nov. 4 1923
Leader of the so-called "revisionist" fascist movement, attacking any moral objection to Zionism.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “We will establish ourselves in Palestine whether you like it or not” — 1920
In a speech to non-Zionist Jews entitled "On the Beauty of the Jewish Revival", he said.
- Quotation from Collectif “The non-Jewish population … nearly nine tenths ...are emphatically against the entire Zionist program” — Aug. 29 1919
Report of the American King-Crane Commission of 1919 in Palestine (published in 1922).
- Quotation from Shmuel Tolkovsky “From us a minimally human approach could have been expected” — 1913
From the mochav of Rehovot, talking about the HaShomer militia.
- Quotation from Asher Ginsberg “And if this be the Messiah: I do not wish to see his coming” — 1913
Russian Jewish writer and philosopher, in a letter written in 1913.