Rejection of Zionism by the Jews
- Quotation from Yehudi Menuhin “Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword” — May 5 1991
Famous violinist and conductor. Excerpt from his speech at the Knesset for the reception of the Wolf Prize.
- Quotation from Albert Einstein “I should much rather see agreement with the Arabs ... than the creation of a Jewish state” — 1938
In a speech to the National Labor Committee for Palestine in New York City.
- Quotation from Sigmund Freud “I do not think that Palestine could ever become a Jewish state” — Feb. 26 1930
In response to a request for him to sign a petition condemning the Arab (Palestinian) riots of 1929 against Zionist colonization.
- Quotation from Esther Frumkin “The Communist International must oppose this movement most vehemently” — Jul. 1920
Leader of the Jewish section of the Soviet Communist Party, speaking at the 2nd Congress of the 3rd International.
- Quotation from Sholom Dovber Schneersohn “We must not heed them in their call to achieve redemption on our own” — 1899
Fifth spirituel leader of the religious Lubavitch dynasty, giving advice about the nationalist zionist movement.
- Quotation from Collectif “We reaffirm that the object of Judaism is not political nor national, but spiritual” — Jul. 11 1897
Decision of the 8th Convention of American Rabbis, Montreal, July 6-11, 1997.