Conquer discreetly - hide the objective (before 1948)
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “Settlements can be built …. Let them build but without talking” — June 22 2003
Statement to the Israeli Cabinet, June 22, 2003.
- Quotation from Max Nordau “I suggested Helmstatte as a synonym for state” — 1920
Co-organizer of the first Zionist congress in Basel, explaining that as early as 1897, the term Heimstatte (National Home) had been chosen rather than Judenstaat (Jewish State) in order to make it less frightening.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Under no circumstances must we touch land belonging to fellahs” — 1920
Advocates peaceful methods of colonization at a time when Jews are only 10% of the population of Palestine.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “By Jewish immigration Palestine would ultimately become as Jewish as England is English” — Feb. 23 1919
To US Secretary of State Lansing at the Paris Peace Conference.
- Quotation from George Curzon “He contemplates a Jewish State, a Jewish nation, a subordinate population of Arabs” — Jan. 26 1919
Secretary of Foreign Affairs, former Viceroy of India, President of the Council, commenting on Chaim Weizmann's "Jewish Commonwealth under British Trusteeship".
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “Both the process of expropriation and the removal of the poor must be carried out discretely” — June 12 1895
Herzl imagines the aftermath of the attribution of Palestine (by a great power) to the Zionist movement that he has not yet created...
- Quotation from Eliezer Ben Yehouda “The thing we must do now is ...to conquer the country, covertly, bit by bit” — Jul. 1882
Promoter of modern Hebrew, speaking about the expansion of Jewish settlements.