Begin, Menachem (1913-1992)
- Quotation from Benyamin Begin “The settlements … constitute an obstacle … to the estabishment of an Arab state” — 1991
Son of Menachem Begin, an important voice of Likud in 1991.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him” — Aug. 21 1982
Former terrorist, Prime Minister of Israel at the time of this statement on the Israeli Six Day War.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “Hitler and his henchmen hide in a bunker deep beneath the surface” — Aug. 5 1982
In a letter to Ronald Reagan, Menachem Begin compares Beirut to Berlin and Arafat to Hitler, claiming a "right to massacre".
- [wrong] Words attributed to Menachem Begin “Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races” — June 25 1982
Apocryphal or wrong quotation or doubtful.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “Begin described the Palestinians as ‘beasts walking on two legs” — June 25 1982
The former terrorist, in a speech to the Knesset.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “Believe me that the alternative is Treblinka” — June 5 1982
Ex-terrorist, Likud leader, Prime Minister, explaining to some of his ministers that Lebanon must be invaded.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “There were retaliatory actions against civilian populations” — Aug. 4 1981
Then Prime Minister, in order to "justify" the atrocities committed in Beirut, explained that before him the Labour Party had also targeted the civilian population.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “In your country there are many cities with biblical names” — Jul. 19 1977
In his first meeting with US President Jimmy Carter at the White House, exploiting the relationship with Christian Zionism and biblical religious roots.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “The Jewish People … their lot and future are not dependent on a political meeting” — Jul. 17 1977
During a meeting with Loubavitch Rabbi Schneerson in New York City before his meeting with Jeremy Carter.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “If he gets the chance, he'll surround the Knesset with his tanks” — 1977
Speaking of his damned soul Ariel Sharon.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “Preceding the Arab invasion … we continued to make sallies into Arab territory” — 1972
Admitting that in 1948, Zionists, especially the Irgun terrorists under his leadership, were already attacking the territory planned for the "Arab State" before the proclamation of Israel.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “If this is Palestine, then it belongs to a people who have lived here before” — 1969
In response to a question about 'recognition of the existence of a Palestinian people' at Kibbutz Mapam of Ein Haroresh.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “Is that the demographic problem? A people that lives for 7 years?"” — Dec. 6 1968
Mocking Labour who would like a solution to the "demographic problem" without abandoning any important center of Palestinian population.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “The annihilation of Arab power; and secondly, the expansion of our territory” — Oct. 12 1955
Terrorist one day ... then leader of the Herut party, declared before the Israeli parliament.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “They would repudiate everything we did and pretend that we were dissident elements” — Nov. 1948
Leader of the terrorist organization Irgun, declaration in the United States during his visit to the United States at the end of November 1948.
- Quotation from Menachem Begin “Eretz Israel will be restored to the people of Israel. All of it. And for Ever” — Nov. 30 1947
Leader of the terrorist group Irgun (later Prime Minister), the day after the vote on UN Resolution 181.