Zangwill, Israel (1864-1926)
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “Be prepared either to drive out by the sword the tribes in possession as our forefathers did” — 1921
Active member of the first Zionist congresses, in an autobiography that explains the reason for his break with Zionism in 1904.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “There is no Arab people … there is at best an Arab encampment” — 1920
After having popularized Shaftesbury's formula on "the land without people", Zangwill, who never set foot in Palestine, participates in the alternative fairy tale, Palestinians are passing nomads.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “And therefore we must generally persuade them to 'trek'” — 1920
Having returned from the failure of his territorialist option, he found himself in the general racist current.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “They have given nothing to Palestine and are not entitled to the rules of democracy” — 1919
At a public meeting, talking about Palestinian Arabs.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “A different place must be found either for the Jews or for their neighbours” — 1916
Jewish writer from Great Britain and spokesman of the Zionist movement, which he left in 1905, speaking to Zeev Jabotinsky in 1916.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “Palestine is a country without a people; the Jews are a people without a country” — Dec. 1901
Taking up the propaganda of the Christian Zionists (before becoming an opponent of the choice of Palestine for a Jewish national project).