Contempt for non-Zionist Judaism
- Quotation from Anastassia Michaeli “Judaism is at the basis of … this country to begin with. It's not just a religion” — Jul. 15 2009
Member of Parliament for Yisrael Beiteinu.
- Quotation from Ovadia Yossef “The six million Holocaust victims were reincarnations of the souls of sinners” — Aug. 2000
Sephardic Chief Rabbi, resuming the religious rationalization of the genocide of the Jews of Europe. Saturday sermon.
- Quotation from Benjamin Cohen “To insure peace for the residents of Galilee. These lies worthy of Goebbels make me mad” — June 8 1982
Professor of History at Tel Aviv University, in a letter to the French historian Pierre Vidal-Naquet.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “The exiles that are … ingathered in Israel do not yet constitute a people” — 1971
No "Jewish people"? This is what Ben Gurion thinks about the "mixed multitude" that arrived in Palestine.
- Quotation from Martin Buber “The majority of Jewish people preferred to learn from Hitler rather than from us” — June 2 1958
In front of a Jewish audience in New York (while propagating the myth of the 'return to Palestine').
- Quotation from Martin Buber “I have accepted … the state of Israel, the form of the Jewish community arisen from the war” — 1958
Zionist "leftist" philosopher, indicating the limits of his criticism of real Zionism.
- Quotation from Hannah Arendt “The land that would come into being would be something quite other than the dream of world Jewry” — May 1 1948
Hostile to territorial Zionism, warns that after the Arab-Israeli War...
- Quotation from Berl Katznelson “Unable to fight even for a few days for small things like Hebrew schools” — Dec. 1940
Publisher of the daily Davar, violently attacks Polish Jews in the territories conquered by the Soviet Union, showing where his priorities are heading.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “For me, Zionist considerations take precedence over Jewish sentiments” — Sep. 11 1939
Speaking before the executive committee of Histadrut against the recruitment of Jews into the allied troops.
- Quotation from Arthur Ruppin “It would of course be desirable if only "race Jews" came to Palestine” — 1919
In a book published in 1919, expresses a wish for "racial selection" among the Jews destined to colonize Palestine.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “There's nothing more humiliating than 'our' Jerusalem” — Dec. 1918
Talking about the ultra-Orthodox neighborhoods in a letter to his wife, shortly after his arrival in Jerusalem.
- Quotation from Gueorgui Plekhanov “They are Zionists afraid of seasickness” — 1905
Russian Marxist leader, about the Bundists, in an interview by Vladimir Jabotinsky.
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “To take the typical Yid of today and to imagine his diametrical opposite” — 1905
In his tribute to Theodor Herzl.
- Quotation from Nachman Syrkin “Zionism uproots religious Judaism in a stronger way than Reform or assimilation” — 1898
One of the creators of the KKL/JNF, in his book The Jewish Problem and the Jewish Socialist State.