Rejection of the Jewish Diaspora by the Zionists
- Quotation from Miri Regev “The Land of Israel belongs … not only to the Jews who live in that land” — May 24 2011
Minister of Culture and Sports, then Minister of Transportation, recalling the goal of Zionism.
- Quotation from Anastassia Michaeli “Judaism is at the basis of … this country to begin with. It's not just a religion” — Jul. 15 2009
Member of Parliament for Yisrael Beiteinu.
- Quotation from Steve Israel “Those Zionist shlihim … want to succeed only to a certain extent.” — 2000
Educator of the Jewish Zionist Education Department.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “To keep Eretz Israel … for the Jewish people, all of whom will be gathered” — Nov. 1990
Statement by former Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir, at a memorial service for former Likud leaders in Tel Aviv, November 1990.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “We now see that... can the number of Jews be diminished ...through love and freedom” — Jul. 17 1972
Before the 75th Convention of the Zionist Organization of America.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “For me the supreme morality is the the jewish people has a right to exist” — 1969
In a Mapai meeting to support Israel's right to colonize the occupied territories.
- Quotation from Unidentified / Non identifié “Plague Jews with anti-Semitic slogans such as 'Bloody Jew', 'Jews go to Palestine'” — 1953
In an article in the 1953 Davar daily newspaper.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We don't belong to that Jewish people. We don't want to be that sort of Jew” — Aug. 1939
During the XX Zionist congress held in Geneva one month before World War II.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Save … only half of them ... by transporting them to Eretz Yisrael, then I would opt for the second alternative” — Dec. 7 1938
One month after the Nazi Kristallnacht pogrom, in a speech delivered in London (meeting of MAPAM leaders).
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “We don’t want Tel Aviv to become another low-grade ghetto” — Oct. 1938
In the autumn issue of the official British publication New Judea, reporting on a statement made in Poland.
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “Eliminate the Diaspora or the Diaspora will surely eliminate you” — Aug. 6 1938
Leader of the so-called "revisionist" Zionist movement and spiritual father of Likud, proposing Zionism as the only alternative to the Nazi danger (the slogan appears on one of the reception walls of the Jabotinsky Institute in Tel Aviv).
- Quotation from Joachim Prinz “Assimilation to be replaced by a ...declaration of belonging to the Jewish nation and race” — 1934
An executive member of the German Zionist Federation, he left Germany for the USA in 1937 and took on the highest responsibilities in the world Zionist organizations.
- Quotation from Kurt Blumenfeld “Under no circumstance does a Jew have the right to represent the affairs of another people” — 1922
German Zionist leader, advising (Jewish) Minister Rathenau (assassinated by the Nazis in April 1922) in the early days of the Weimar Republic.
- Quotation from Jacob Klatzkin “Whoever calls the foreign land his Fatherland is a traitor to the Jewish people” — 1921
Editor-in-chief from 1909 to 1911 of Die Welt , the official organ of German Zionism.
- Quotation from Aharon David Gordon “We are a parasitic people. We have no roots in the soil, there is no ground beneath our feet” — 1920
Zionist ideologue pronouncing (for other Jews) the return to the land, expressing his contempt for the Jewish diaspora.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “We have never based the Zionist movement on Jewish suffering in Russia or in any other land” — May 20 1917
Then president of the English Zionist federation, talks about the effects that the fall of tsarism and anti-Jewish oppression in Russia could have on the preparations for the Balfour Declaration (during the period before the October Revolution).
- Quotation from Dov-Ber Borochov “L’esprit d’entreprise du juif est irrépressible. Il refuse de rester un prolétaire” — 1916
The main ideologist who diverted Marxism towards the Zionist "Labour", who was never a proletarian, in a barely disguised version of anti-Semitism.
- Quotation from Pinhas Rosen “An institute for the fumigation of Jewish vermin” — 1914
Became the first Minister of Justice of Israel, writing in 1914 that Palestine was (for Zionists) ...
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “Le type idéal d’une ‘nation absolue’. Elle devrait posséder un spectre racial original” — 1911
In an article "Beyond the Waiting Line", originally in Russian, describes his fascist-like vision of the nation.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “I propose capturing the Jewish communities as one of our next targets” — Aug. 28 1898
Speaking at the 2nd Zionist Congress in Basel in 1998 to tackle the generally anti-Zionist Jewish (religious) communities.
- Quotation from Nachman Syrkin “Zionism uproots religious Judaism in a stronger way than Reform or assimilation” — 1898
One of the creators of the KKL/JNF, in his book The Jewish Problem and the Jewish Socialist State.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “Watch out, Yid. Zionism might proceed like William Tell” — Oct. 15 1897
In his weekly magazine, Die Welt, attacks in violent and contemptuous - not to say racist - terms the anti-Zionist "Mauschel" (pejorative term, rendered in English by Yid), to which he opposes the Zionist Jew - such as himself -.