Rejection of the Jewish Diaspora by the Zionists
- Quotation from Miri Regev “The Land of Israel belongs … not only to the Jews who live in that land” — May 24 2011
Minister of Culture and Sports, then Minister of Transportation, recalling the goal of Zionism.
- Quotation from Anastassia Michaeli “Judaism is at the basis of … this country to begin with. It's not just a religion” — Jul. 15 2009
Member of Parliament for Yisrael Beiteinu.
- Quotation from Steve Israel “Those Zionist shlihim … want to succeed only to a certain extent.” — 2000
Educator of the Jewish Zionist Education Department.
- Quotation from Yitzhak Shamir “To keep Eretz Israel … for the Jewish people, all of whom will be gathered” — Nov. 1990
Statement by former Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir, at a memorial service for former Likud leaders in Tel Aviv, November 1990.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “We now see that... can the number of Jews be diminished ...through love and freedom” — Jul. 17 1972
Before the 75th Convention of the Zionist Organization of America.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “For me the supreme morality is the the jewish people has a right to exist” — 1969
In a Mapai meeting to support Israel's right to colonize the occupied territories.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “As a Socialist, I do not believe in God” — Jul. 24 1963
Golda Meir, then Foreign Minister of the "Jewish State", confided to Hannah Arendt that she was an atheist. A.H. points out that this quote is not verbatim.
- Quotation from Unidentified / Non identifié “Plague Jews with anti-Semitic slogans such as 'Bloody Jew', 'Jews go to Palestine'” — 1953
In an article in the 1953 Davar daily newspaper.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We don't belong to that Jewish people. We don't want to be that sort of Jew” — Aug. 1939
During the XX Zionist congress held in Geneva one month before World War II.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Save … only half of them ... by transporting them to Eretz Yisrael, then I would opt for the second alternative” — Dec. 7 1938
One month after the Nazi Kristallnacht pogrom, in a speech delivered in London (meeting of MAPAM leaders).
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “We don’t want Tel Aviv to become another low-grade ghetto” — Oct. 1938
In the autumn issue of the official British publication New Judea, reporting on a statement made in Poland.
- Quotation from Joachim Prinz “Assimilation to be replaced by a ...declaration of belonging to the Jewish nation and race” — 1934
An executive member of the German Zionist Federation, he left Germany for the USA in 1937 and took on the highest responsibilities in the world Zionist organizations.
- Quotation from Kurt Blumenfeld “Under no circumstance does a Jew have the right to represent the affairs of another people” — 1922
German Zionist leader, advising (Jewish) Minister Rathenau (assassinated by the Nazis in April 1922) in the early days of the Weimar Republic.
- Quotation from Jacob Klatzkin “Whoever calls the foreign land his Fatherland is a traitor to the Jewish people” — 1921
Editor-in-chief from 1909 to 1911 of Die Welt , the official organ of German Zionism.
- Quotation from Aharon David Gordon “We are a parasitic people. We have no roots in the soil, there is no ground beneath our feet” — 1920
Zionist ideologue pronouncing (for other Jews) the return to the land, expressing his contempt for the Jewish diaspora.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “We have never based the Zionist movement on Jewish suffering in Russia or in any other land” — May 20 1917
Then president of the English Zionist federation, talks about the effects that the fall of tsarism and anti-Jewish oppression in Russia could have on the preparations for the Balfour Declaration (during the period before the October Revolution).
- Quotation from Dov-Ber Borochov “The enterprising spirit of the Jew is irrepressible. He refuses to remain a proletarian” — 1916
The main ideologist who diverted Marxism towards the Zionist "Labour", who was never a proletarian, in a barely disguised version of anti-Semitism.
- Quotation from Pinhas Rosen “An institute for the fumigation of Jewish vermin” — 1914
Became the first Minister of Justice of Israel, writing in 1914 that Palestine was (for Zionists) ...
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “The ideal type of an 'absolute nation’. It should possess an original racial spectrum” — 1911
In an article "Beyond the Waiting Line", originally in Russian, describes his fascist-like vision of the nation.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “I propose capturing the Jewish communities as one of our next targets” — Aug. 28 1898
Speaking at the 2nd Zionist Congress in Basel in 1998 to tackle the generally anti-Zionist Jewish (religious) communities.
- Quotation from Nachman Syrkin “Zionism uproots religious Judaism in a stronger way than Reform or assimilation” — 1898
One of the creators of the KKL/JNF, in his book The Jewish Problem and the Jewish Socialist State.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “Watch out, Yid. Zionism might proceed like William Tell” — Oct. 15 1897
In his weekly magazine, Die Welt, attacks in violent and contemptuous - not to say racist - terms the anti-Zionist "Mauschel" (pejorative term, rendered in English by Yid), to which he opposes the Zionist Jew - such as himself -.