Contempt for the poor Jews of Eastern Europe
- Quotation from Berl Katznelson “Unable to fight even for a few days for small things like Hebrew schools” — Dec. 1940
Publisher of the daily Davar, violently attacks Polish Jews in the territories conquered by the Soviet Union, showing where his priorities are heading.
- Quotation from Chaim Weizmann “We don’t want Tel Aviv to become another low-grade ghetto” — Oct. 1938
In the autumn issue of the official British publication New Judea, reporting on a statement made in Poland.
- Quotation from Pinhas Rosen “An institute for the fumigation of Jewish vermin” — 1914
Became the first Minister of Justice of Israel, writing in 1914 that Palestine was (for Zionists) ...
- Quotation from Gueorgui Plekhanov “They are Zionists afraid of seasickness” — 1905
Russian Marxist leader, about the Bundists, in an interview by Vladimir Jabotinsky.
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “To take the typical Yid of today and to imagine his diametrical opposite” — 1905
In his tribute to Theodor Herzl.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “Watch out, Yid. Zionism might proceed like William Tell” — Oct. 15 1897
In his weekly magazine, Die Welt, attacks in violent and contemptuous - not to say racist - terms the anti-Zionist "Mauschel" (pejorative term, rendered in English by Yid), to which he opposes the Zionist Jew - such as himself -.
- Quotation from Theodor Herzl “The unfortunate Jews are now carrying the seeds of Anti-Semitism into England” — Feb. 14 1896
Developing the thesis, taken up by all Zionists, of an inevitable anti-Semitism due to the Jews of Eastern Europe.