Oz, Amos (1939-2018)
- Quotation from Amos Oz “You have two peoples with their backs against the wall” — Mar. 1 2002
Taking up the classic Zionist comparison between Palestinians and Nazis, for 1948 and the present.
- Quotation from Amos Oz “A state cannot be Jewish, just as a chair or a bus cannot be Jewish” — Oct. 1997
Israeli writer, writing in a phase of lucidity.
- Quotation from Amos Oz “It will … be easier … to break the backbone of a tiny, demilitarized Palestinian entity” — Oct. 3 1993
Expressing its agreement for a "very small demilitarized entity" that will be easy to break if the Palestinians are not satisfied with it.
- Quotation from Amos Oz “Picked up their submachine guns, and dashed out to smash the hostile red Indians or Arabs” — 1993
"Imagining" the other, if not being in solidarity with them, expressing an indifference equal to the 'old yishuv' and the 'pioneers'.
- Quotation from Amos Oz “Victimhood entitles its owners to a moral exemption” — 1987
In a collection of essays. He ironically mocks Menachem Begin and his justifications for the invasion of Lebanon in 1982.