It is permissible to lie in the interest of Israel
- Quotation from Benyamin Netanyahu “There is no question … that Saddam is … advancing toward the development of nuclear weapons” — Sep. 12 2002
In front of the Committee on Government Reform of the House of Representatives in Washington, D.C., lying to push for the invasion of Iraq.
- Quotation from Abba Eban “Propaganda is the art of persuading others of what one does not believe oneself” — June 17 1977
Representative of Israel to the United Nations.
- Quotation from Moshe Sharett “The state of Israel cannot be ruled … without deceit and adventurism” — 1956
2nd "moderate" President of Israel, in his notebooks, shortly before his resignation in 1956.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Israël did no expel even one Arab” — 1949
In all his dialogues with western interlocutors.
- Quotation from Collectif “The State of Israel … will ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants” — May 14 1948
Day of Israel's proclamation of independence.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We appeal … to the Arab inhabitants of the State of Israel to preserve peace” — May 14 1948
Excerpt from the text of the declaration of independence read by Ben Gurion on the afternoon of May 14, 1948, calling for "preserving peace" while hundreds of thousands of Palestinians were killed or expelled.