What great personalities have thought about it
- Quotation from Nelson Mandela “Our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians” — Dec. 4 1997
In his speech during the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
- Quotation from Bertrand Russell “Every expansion ...to discover how much more aggression the world will tolerate” — Jan. 31 1970
In his last message, read at the International Conference of Parliamentarians in Cairo.
- Quotation from Bertrand Russell “No people anywhere in the world would accept being expelled en masse from their own country” — Jan. 31 1970
Message to the International Conference of Parliamentarians in Cairo (Feb. 70), written just before his death (excerpt).
- Quotation from Charles De Gaulle “And these are met with a resistance which it in turn calls terrorism” — Nov. 27 1967
At a famous press conference.
- Quotation from Hannah Arendt “The emergence ...of the Herut, closely akin … to the Nazi and Fascist parties” — Dec. 1948
Commenting, with Albert Einstein and twenty-six others, on the creation of Herut, the party of Menachem Begin, Yitzhak Shamir, and ancestor of the Likud of Ariel Sharon and Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Quotation from Albert Einstein “The emergence ...of the Herut, closely akin … to the Nazi and Fascist parties” — Dec. 1948
Commenting, with Hanna Arendt and twenty-six others, on the creation of Herut, the party of Menachem Begin, Yitzhak Shamir, and ancestor of the Likud of Ariel Sharon and Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Quotation from Walter [Lord Moyne] Guinness “Racial domination by these newcomers over the original inhabitants” — June 9 1942
Expressing in the British House of Lords his hostility to the Zionist project. This hostility led to his assassination in Cairo on 6 November 1944 by two Lehi terrorists. The bodies of the two assassins are now buried at the "Monument of Heroes" in Jerusalem.
- Quotation from Gandhi “The cry for the national home for the Jews does not make much appeal to me” — Nov. 26 1938
In a text in the newspaper Harijan exposing his position on the "Arab-Jewish question".
- Quotation from Albert Einstein “I should much rather see agreement with the Arabs ... than the creation of a Jewish state” — 1938
In a speech to the National Labor Committee for Palestine in New York City.
- Quotation from Sigmund Freud “I do not think that Palestine could ever become a Jewish state” — Feb. 26 1930
In response to a request for him to sign a petition condemning the Arab (Palestinian) riots of 1929 against Zionist colonization.
- Quotation from Albert Einstein “Should the Jews not learn to live in peace .. , the struggle against them will follow” — Nov. 25 1929
In a letter to Chaim Weizmann, takes the opposite view of the objectives of real Zionism.
- Quotation from George Curzon “A Jewish nation, a subordinate population of Arabs” — Jan. 26 1919
Foreign Secretary, in no way fooled by Zionist intentions, in an exchange of letters with Lord Balfour, whom he succeeded.