Buber, Martin (1878-1965)
- Quotation from Martin Buber “The power to heal our people of their murderous sickness of causeless hatred” — Jan. 1961
Famous philosopher who was a supporter of a binational state, in the magazine Ner of the binationalist group Ichud (Unity).
- Quotation from Martin Buber “The majority of Jewish people preferred to learn from Hitler rather than from us” — June 2 1958
In front of a Jewish audience in New York (while propagating the myth of the 'return to Palestine').
- Quotation from Martin Buber “I have accepted … the state of Israel, the form of the Jewish community arisen from the war” — 1958
Zionist "leftist" philosopher, indicating the limits of his criticism of real Zionism.
- Quotation from Martin Buber “We will have to face the reality that Israel is neither innocent, nor redemptive” — Mar. 1949
Jewish philosopher, addressing David Ben Gurion in March 1949. The translation indicates 'diaspora' when it is about exile.
- Quotation from Martin
Buber “As many Jews as it is possible … but not in order to establish a majority against a minority” — 1944
Advocating colonization as intense as possible but against all likelihood, without "establishing a majority".
- Quotation from Martin Buber “Reject with abhorrence the methods of nationalistic domination” — Sep. 1 1921
At the 12th Zionist Congress in Karlovy Vary (Karlsbad), accepting all the beginnings of Zionism but recoiling from its consequences, he rejected with horror the methods of nationalist domination from which he himself had suffered.
- Quotation from Martin Buber “Blood is a deep-rooted nurturing force within individual man” — 1909
Showing in his youth that he shared – with an additional metaphysical layer - the racialist views of most of the founders of Zionism.