... for a landless people...
- Quotation from Meron Benvenisti “The basic story is that of natives and settlers” — Aug. 8 2003
Deputy Mayor of Jerusalem from 1971 to 1978, who became a severe critic of the entire colonial process.
- Quotation from Golda Meir “For me the supreme morality is the the jewish people has a right to exist” — 1969
In a Mapai meeting to support Israel's right to colonize the occupied territories.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Immigration at the rate of 60,000 a year means a Jewish state in all of Palestine” — June 1937
In a letter to Moshe Sharett, quoted twice by Ben Gurion's biographer, in slightly different forms.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We do not recognize any form of absolute ownership over any country” — 1930
Explaining in 1930 his "socialist" conception of the right to colonization in the form of a pro domo plea.
- Quotation from Israel Zangwill “Palestine is a country without a people; the Jews are a people without a country” — Dec. 1901
Taking up the propaganda of the Christian Zionists (before becoming an opponent of the choice of Palestine for a Jewish national project).
- Quotation from John Lawson Stoddard “You are a people without a country; there is a country without a people. Be united” — 1897
American traveler and popular writer, Christian Zionist, author after Lord Shaftesbury, of the formula "a land without people for a people without land".
- Quotation from Anthony Ashley Cooper “The ancient and rightful lords of the soil, the Jews” — Jul. 30 1853
Seventh Earl of Shaftesbury, English statesman, one of the founders of Christian Zionism, in a letter to British Foreign Minister George Hamilton Gordon.