Ethnic cleansing through violence
- Quotation from Gilad Erdan “Was it so boring … that this video needs to receive such exposure” — Apr. 10 2018
Minister of the "Ministry of Strategic Affairs", in charge of slander and repression against the BDS movement, about a video showing Israeli snipers rejoicing over the killings and mutilations they commit at the border of the Gaza Strip.
- Quotation from Elyakim Haetzni “We are taking our soldiers and policemen to carry out a pogrom” — Mar. 18 2004
Former member of the Knesset, from the colony of Kiryat Arba.
- Quotation from Martin Van Creveld “We have the capability to take the world down with us” — Apr. 27 2002
Military historian and professor at the University of Jerusalem, in an interview designed to "get the message out" about the Israeli nuclear threat, officially denied, should any state challenge ethnic cleansing.
- Quotation from Mustafa Barghouti “To react with weapons. This would be a major mistake. But Arafat will go to the guerrillas” — Oct. 31 2000
Palestinian leader of al-Mubadara, in an interview with French journalist Sylvain Cypel.
- Quotation from Rehavam Zeevi “Zionism is in essence the Zionism of transfer” — 1987
Israeli general and founder of the Moledet party, great advocate of the "transfer", killed by the Palestinian PFLP in 2001.
- Quotation from Benjamin Cohen “To insure peace for the residents of Galilee. These lies worthy of Goebbels make me mad” — June 8 1982
Professor of History at Tel Aviv University, in a letter to the French historian Pierre Vidal-Naquet.
- Quotation from Israel Hess “We are all obligated to carry out genocide” — Feb. 26 1980
Rabbi of Bar-Ilan University, in an article on the obligation to "exterminate Amalek". The article caused no protest but the rabbi had to resign later on.
- Quotation from Ariel Sharon “We’ll make them a pastrami sandwich … nobody, will be able to tear it apart” — 1973
In response, in 1973, to journalist Winston Churchill, grandson of the Prime Minister, asking him what to do with the Palestinians.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Why are there so many Arabs? Why didn't you expel them” — Jul. 19 1948
On his first visit to Nazareth.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We appeal … to the Arab inhabitants of the State of Israel to preserve peace” — May 14 1948
Excerpt from the text of the declaration of independence read by Ben Gurion on the afternoon of May 14, 1948, calling for "preserving peace" while hundreds of thousands of Palestinians were killed or expelled.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “War will also bring in its wake a great change in the distribution of the Arab population” — Apr. 6 1948
Speaking to the Zionist Action Committee, said that the war and the depopulation of the Palestinians will not stop at the borders of the partition plan.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “Were we to face the Palestinians alone, everything would be all right” — Mar. 14 1948
In a letter to Moshe Sharett.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We could accomplish our aim of cleansing the Galilee” — 1948
From an Israeli government protocol [that would have been] translated from Hebrew by Israel Shahak.
- Quotation from Yosef Weitz “Without ... transfer … we will not be able to solve our question by land buying” — Feb. 13 1941
Director of the Jewish National Fund (KKL/JNF), in his diary dated February 13, 1941.
- Quotation from Menahem Ussishkin “To take a part of the Arabs and transfer and settle them … is as moral as can be” — June 12 1938
Head of the Executive Committee of the World Zionist Organization, at a meeting of the Jewish Agency's executive committee, advocates that the British should proceed with the expulsion of 60,000 Palestinian families.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We shall abolish partition and expand to the whole of Palestine” — 1938
In a note to the Jewish Agency.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We must expel Arabs and take their place” — Oct. 5 1937
Letter to his son Amos.
- Quotation from Shlomo Lavi “Transfer of Arabs out of the country ...is one of the most just, moral and correct things” — Aug. 1937
Labour leader, delegate to the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th Zionist Congresses, then member of the Knesset, at the 20th Congress.
- Quotation from Judah Magnes “With partition a new Balkan is made” — Jul. 18 1937
President of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and advocate for a binational state, in the aftermath of the British proposal for partitioning.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “When Jalla falls into hell I will not be among the mourners” — Jul. 11 1936
In his diary. Has no anger against the Palestinians, only cold considerations.
- Quotation from David Ben Gurion “We and they want the same thing. We both want Palestine” — May 19 1936
Shortly after the beginning of the great Palestinian revolt, during a meeting of the Mapaï party, clearly expressing the stakes of colonization a homeland "for them" or "for us".
- Quotation from Arthur Ruppin “We are bound in each case. . . to remove the peasants who cultivated the land” — May 30 1930
An important Zionist figure, creator of Brit Shalom, in favor of a bi-national state AND of a transfer of Palestinians to Syria,.
- Quotation from Berl Katznelson “Zionist enterprise is an enterprise of conquest” — 1929
Ally of Ben Gurion, one of the founding intellectuals of Zionism, following the 1929 riots.
- Quotation from Vladimir Jabotinsky “Zionism a colonizing adventure stands or falls on on the question of armed force” — 1925
In the text "The Iron Law" of 1925.